The Adventures of Bobby Ray is the debut album by american rapper B.o.B. It was released on April 27, 2010. It features three singles, "Nothin On You", "Airplanes" and "Magic", all which are amazing collaboratons.

Read my review, buy the album and watch some videos after the JUMP ...


Buy "The Adventures of Bobby Ray" HERE.

The first thing I'm going to say is that I'd never buy a rap album, but never ever, even if it's the last album on Earth. So why I'm reviewing a rap albim? Well, I really don't know. Maybe it's the super catchy title or the cool cover, I don't know. Reading "The Adventures of Bobby Ray" makes me think of a superhero, or, maybe a crazy kid. I guess the latest is nearer to B.o.B, no disrespect intended, but all rappers are a bit crazy, right?

Talking about the music, I'm impressed I liked it! I'm even singing some, what's wrong with me? Have I catched the rap bug? But being serious, the album presets some incredible collaborations, as the well known song "Airplanes", which features Hayley Williams, which has proved me that rap can have some beautiful lyrics. I'm also enjoying the Bruno Mars tune, "Nothing On You", but I love that dude, so it's no surprise for me. Rivers Cuomo and Janelle Monae are also featured, in "Magic" and "The Kids" respectibly. "We are trapped inside the Matrix", really?

The solo rap songs are another story. "Bet I" would probaly be the worst of the album. I actully changed it as I couldn't stand it. But on the other side, I really liked "Past My Shades" with Lupe Fiasco, the lyrics totally get to me. This prove that, like in all albums, there are bad and good songs.

I've concluded by the finalisation of this album, that I should give rap another chance. Well, at least I should give it to B.o.B, who has proved he CAN sing, even without any featured artist.

Videos:


Share this :