The BBC Sound of 2011 list has finally been released and the Top 15 acts unvieled! I must say I'm really surprised with the acts, never expected some of them there, nor I know many of them. My favourites to win my own Sound of poll weren't there and only three of the 24 appeared on it, they being Clare Maguire, Jessie J and Esben and the Witch. However, I was really surprised with some of them, which are featured after the jump as long with the list. Individual articles coming soon.

List and stand-outs after the JUMP ...

  • Anna Calvi
  • Clare Maguire
  • Daley
  • Esben and the Witch
  • Jai Paul
  • James Blake
  • Jamie Woon
  • Jessie J
  • Mona
  • The Naked and Famous
  • Nero
  • The Vaccines
  • Warpaint
  • Wretch 32
  • Yuck
I must say that I'm really excited with some of the acts. Anna Calvi, Daley, James Blake, Jamie Woon, The Naked and Famous and The Vaccines all instantely impressed me, that being the reason they are featured. Great voices and also really current! Not so exciting: Yuck, Mona, Nero, Warpaints and Wretch 32. I'm not saying they aren't good but they are something I've already seen. Not much originality there. And Warpaints already have an album out! Isn't that against the rules? I still liked the acts but they are nothing near my favourites to win it! My current favourites: Daley 5th, Jamie Woon 4th, James Blake 3th, Anna Calvi 2th, Clare Maguire 1th! Which are yours?


Anna Calvi


Daley


James Blake


Jamie Woon


The Naked and Famous


The Vaccines

Share this :