As I've found a way to watch the show, I'm covering all the liveshows I couldn't before. This week, the Top 5 are tackling "Classics", a very interesting theme in my opinion! Who will be out by tonight?! The majority of the videos are YouTube's ones but Linnea's and Andreas's are taken from the Idol site so they are only available in Sweden.

Read my recap, watch the performances and learn who was eliminated after the JUMP ...



Round 1:

Andreas Weise


She's a lady (Tom Jones) - OMG! This was such an amazing performance!! Andreas sounded really jazzy and looked really Harry Conick Jr like. This is an example of one Andreas's performance I've loved! I blinked and suddenly he was lying on the floor moving under the dancers legs! That was wierd! But he had a lot of presence in this performance and it was actually one of my favourite performances from him! And the wink at the end surely gained some more votes for him!


Jay Smith


Fly me to the moon (Frank Sinatra) - WOW! I'm impressed! I never expected Jay singing a jazz song and he did really well!! It would have fit Andreas better but Jay did an amazing cover of this song! He gave the song his rocky raspy vocals and made it sound really contemporary! I'm not sure of Jay as a jazz singer but this was beautifully done!


Linnea Henriksson


I Can't help myself (Sugar pie honey bunch) (The Four Tops) - Where does she get this songs? I've never heard this! I know it may be because this is rather old but I should know it anyway, right? However, I quite liked this performance! It still felt a bit old but her voice here make it sound contemporary! And that blue dress was hot!



Olle Hedberg


Let's dance (David Bowie) - Of all the songs he could have choosen he choose this? It's boring and old fashioned and doesn't show Olle's vocals at all. Yes, his beautiful distinctive tone was there but this just wasn't him! He delivers so much better on ballads or more rocky songs, but never this ...



Minnah Karlsson


Always on my mind (Willie Nelson) - Oh!! This is so incredible!! Minnah looks stunning and so does her voice!! She's definitely proving people they were absolutely wrong when they eliminated her!! I love this song but I never imagined someone covering it, it's just one of those songs that you don't cover. But Minnah is doing an amazing job with it, she's actually making it better than the original! That final high note was the icing on the cake!!


Round 2:

Andreas Weise


Celebration (Kool and the Gang) - Hmmm, I'm not loving this as much as his first song. His style is all wrong and he's sounding really similar to the original version. He's singing it really properly, pretty decent, but it's not as amazing as his first one. That said, this is an example of an Andreas performance which I didn't like. I don't know how thing will go but after that, he might be a bit worried.


Jay Smith


Like a Prayer (Madonna) - He's middle stage in prayer position. This is actually really amazing!! But what the hell is he wearing?!!!! A kilt?!!!! Oh, god!! All the entertainment value in this performance has been totally ruined by that! Come on! Back to his singing, he's not as monotonous as always and I like how he sounds  on this song and that ending was terrific. However, toatlly unnecessary kilt!


Olle Hedberg


Your song (Elton John) - This song is one of my all times favourite! So, Olle, don't kill it!! Oh! My!! God!! This is so amazing! Olle must record beautifully! His voice is so amazing and unique and this song is so right for him!! It made me remember Ellie Goulding's version, that good he was!!


Minnah Karlsson


I'm so excited (The Pointer Sisters) - Another song I've never heard of! Seriously, were do they get them?! The dances are terrific!! Minnah sounds good but her voice sounds a bit different for me. Not liking this performance much. However, she's pulling crazy faces, so she gets some points for that!! And she's putting the crazy Minnah touch to the song! Good performance but definitely not my favourite of hers.


Linnea Henriksson


The winner takes it all (ABBA) - OMG!! This is so beautiful!! Definitely my favourite performance of the night! The song started slowly but it fasten towards the end, making it sound a bit electro. Not only did Linnea rocked that song but she also made it her own, and that's what I love about her! She doesn't mind making mistakes, she wants to deliver emotion and that what makes me love her! Her vocals weren't perfect but were unique! I wonder how would she sound recorded, cause she sounds out of this world live!


So, who wins each round? I guess I must say Minnah won the first one with her overly emotional performance and Linnea won the second with her as well emotional one, tough Olle was very close with his rendition of "Your Song".

And after this, the ELIMINATION!!! Bottom 2 contestants are ... Olle Hedberg and Andreas Weise!! Both are there for the same reason, they failed on one of their song choices, Andreas in his second and Olle in his first. The eliminated contestant is ... Andreas Weise!! I'm glad it wasn't Olle but I'm a bit sad he's gone! I liked the kid!
Share this :