UPDATE: Casey Abrams is cut!!!! And he gets the SAVE! No one goes home!

Last week we saw latina hopeful Karen Rodriguez get the boot after two horrid performances in the Top 13. Tonight, the final 11 acts take the stage for my favourite theme of all times, Motown! We've got some of the greatest songs of history tonight! Who will kill a classic? Who will rework it? ... This is American Idol!

Read my comments and watch the performances after the JUMP ...

Photobucket
Casey Abrams

Photobucket

"I Heard It Through the Grapevine" (Marvin Gaye) - 9,5/10 - Oh Casey! Why did you pick the worst songs you could? This song has been performed so many times on Idol and none has done a good job with it. Will Casey change that? Well, he's sort of doing it. I love him and this was a great growly rendition. I'm starting to like this song now. And I think that I'd always love what Casey does. That performance was crazy good! OMG at that ending! One thing that was bad, that beard Casey! SHAVE!  VIDEO.

Thia Megia

Photobucket

"(Love Is Like a) Heat Wave" (Martha and the Vandellas) - 7/10 - This song is so wrong for her!!! She will have a dreadful performance! I have to give her props for trying to sing something more uptempo and moving a bit, but this was not good. Her vocals were great but still a bit sleepy. She needs to pick better songs. This isn't her, we want something faster but not this type of fast! Wrong, wrong, wrong. VIDEO.

Jacob Lusk

Photobucket

"You're All I Need to Get By" (Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell) - 9/10 - Much better than last week but again, he's being a dramatic thing! We don't need all that drama and overreaction. As crazy as it sounds, I really dig this performance! His voice was insane and those notes were great, a great vocal performance!  Uuu a hug line. He deserved it! VIDEO.

Lauren Alaina

Photobucket

"You Keep Me Hangin' On" (The Supremes) - 9/10 - I like Lauren more with each performance! She nails every note and she's really fun to watch. She brought the country to Motown and she did a great work with it! I still think her voice isn't unique but there's no doubt it's a great one. Plus she looks amazing! She looks gorgeous tonight! VIDEO.

Stefano Langone

Photobucket

"Hello" (Lionel Richie) - 5/10 - This guy gets more disgusting each week. He has 0 personality. He's always singing this cliched love songs and he's actually not doing a good job with that. And WTF was that whispery "I love you"?!!! Please, don't even vote for this!  VIDEO.


Haley Reinhart

Photobucket

"You've Really Got a Hold on Me" (The Miracles) - 9/10 - OMG Haley! This is definitely her theme! She's having an amazing vocal and her raspy growl is there! She's having a moment here! She's getting bigger and bigger each week! I so want her album! And what's going on with those shorts? Cause they look amazing! Best performance so far! VIDEO.

Scotty McCreery

Photobucket

"For Once in My Life" (Stevie Wonder) - 7,5/10 - I'm doubty with him. He always perform in the same way and his deep voice scares me. Country and Motown don't work. The country twang Lauren gave her song worked but Scottys deep voice isn't. I mean, the whole performance was good and country lovers will vote for him but he's conistenly proving he's a one trick pony and the trick isn't very good. VIDEO.

Pia Toscano

Photobucket

"All in Love Is Fair" (Stevie Wonder) - 8/10 - Seriously Pia! Stop singing ballads! We all know that you do that amazing and that you have an amazing voice but we need diversity and movement! Three weeks have gone by and we have already have three identical performances! Again, she did this great but I'm already done with her. VIDEO.

Paul McDonald

Photobucket

"The Tracks of My Tears" (The Miracles) - 9/10 - Oh ... that was a rough start. A bit pitchy. Still, I'm loving this! His acoustic guitar and his moves are great! Plus he's all smiley! This is an amazing performance and his quirkiness really shows. I adore Paul and besides some bad notes, this was really cool! And Jlo is right, he just needs a good producer and there he goes! VIDEO.

Naima Adedapo

Photobucket

"Dancing in the Street" (Martha and the Vandellas) - 8,5/10 - His bringing her dance moves! Her vocals are much better than last weeks. She's got an interesting tone. And I love the african vibe she brought to the performance! This is amazing! The best performance of the night? No, but the most unique! This was fun fresh and really different!  VIDEO.

James Durbin

Photobucket

"Living for the City" (Stevie Wonder) - 8,5/10 - Siobhan sang this last year on Hollywood but this is the first on the real stage! I frankly hate this song. It remember to Lindsey Lohan and I'm not sure why, still, James did a great work with this! Not his best performance but at least it was a fun one. I liked it. Not the best of the night still ... VIDEO.

Ok, so this is all! My predictions: Bottom 3: Stefano, Thia and Haley. Cut: Stefano!
Share this :