UPDATE: Ashthone Jones is CUT! Bottom 3 were Karen and Haley.

Finally!!! The Top 13 were announced in a shocking reveal last night and tonight, the Top 13, that is, the Top 10 plus the 3 wildcards will be performing songs by their personal idols, all of them being teamed with all star producers such as Don Was, Jimmy Iovine, Jim Jonsin and the Rock Mafia duo. It promises to be an exciting night!! ... This is American Idol!

Read my comments and watch the performances after the JUMP ...


Photobucket


Lauren Alaina

Photobucket

"Any Man of Mine" (Shania Twain) - 8/10 - I'm not Lauren's #1 fan but I can't say this isn't good. It's really similar to the original version but her vocals are falwless. And she's having some fun notes. At least this is entertaining and she didn't bore me to death like some other contestants will. She's a sweetie and a possible winner! VIDEO: PART 1, PART 2

Casey Abrams

Photobucket

"With a Little Help from My Friends" (Joe Cocker) - 10/10 - I adore this song! And I love Casey! So I expect this to be great! And it is. Casey's probably my fave, along with Haley and Paul. He's got a massive voice and is one of the most unique characters here. This performance is amazing! Nobody will top this! His incredible vocal skills and his growls made an incredible moment for Casey. He'll make it Top 5 after this! VIDEO: PART 1, PART 2

Ashthon Jones

Photobucket

"When You Tell Me That You Love Me" (Diana Ross) - 5/10 - Oh no! Here she comes. She's following the "How to be a boring Diva" guidebook and not only did she pick a Diana Ross song but she also picked a boring and unknown song. The only thing good here is her afro cause this performance is one of the worst of the night. She has nice vocals but this was dull and sleepy. VIDEO: PART 1, PART 2

Paul McDonald

Photobucket

"Come Pick Me Up" (Ryan Adams) - 8/10 - Paul is an incredible character. He's full of charisma and his smile brighten up the place. He's voice is amazingly unique. And he's the definition of quirky. The dance moves, the voice, the personality. He's a great performer. We all know he doesn't hit every note perfectly but not only is his voice amazing but he's also a fun performer, which is ultimately more important. VIDEO: PART 1, PART 2

Pia Toscano

Photobucket

"All by Myself" (Eric Carmen) - 8/10 - Is she singing the same song again? The problem with Pia is that she's becoming monotonous. She's rigid and her performances are too similar. Her voice is incredible though. She's definitely a Celine Dione hopeful. And I liked both performances, she delivers emotional performances and her voice is always great. So why not keep doing that? Well, cause you are going to bore us. VIDEO: PART 1, PART 2, PART 3

James Durbin

Photobucket

"Maybe I'm Amazed" (Paul McCartney) - 9,5/10 - I've loved this song since Crystal covered it last year. I like James but his attitude is a bit strange for me. But he changed that tonight! He tied Crystal up there! His voice sounds amazing, his full of emotion and he delivered one of the best performances of the night. His falsetto sounded beautifully and he proved he's got the pipes! VIDEO: PART 1, PART 2

Haley Reinhart

Photobucket

"Blue" (LeAnn Rimes) - 7,5/10 - She's definitely my fave this year. She's different every week and some people can say it's because she doesn't know herself but she's just showing what a great singer she is! She looks amazing tonight and is doing a yodeling style country song. And of course it's beautiful! Still, I want her to stay away from country in the future, she's a bluesy jazzy singer, not country. This is was great but not my favourite. VIDEO: PART 1, PART 2

Jacob Lusk

Photobucket

"I Believe I Can Fly" (R. Kelly) - 7/10 - Not this song please! I'm hating how cliched is this! A gospel singer with a gospel choir behid. How predictable is that? Jacob is an amazing singer but this isn't good. He may have nailed some notes but for the most part, this performance seemed to be falling apart, he sounded off tune in some notes and he was overacting the performance. The final note was great but still, it didn't saved this performance. VIDEO: PART 1, PART 2, PART 3

Thia Megia

Photobucket

"Smile" (Charlie Chaplin/Michael Jackson Version) - 6/10 - OMG! WTF is wrong with her! First, she doesn't know who Charlie Chaplin is. Second, how can she pick such a boring song? This is the worst performance so far by miles. I love Thia's slow parts but the arrengement this song was given is disgusting! Jimmy's production team screwed it bad in this song. And does she know this song meaning? You aren't supposed to smile the whole song! VIDEO: PART 1, PART 2

Stefano Langone

Photobucket

"Lately" (Stevie Wonder) - 5,5/10 - Get him out of here! Cheesy, cheesy, cheesy. His the most cursi contestant this year and the worst. I'd take Karen and Ashthone over this guy. And WTF is this dance version of this sogn? Seriously Jimmy, WTF is wrong with you? His got decent vocals but his personality and cursiness drives me insane. GET OUT OF MY TV! VIDEO: PART 1, PART 2

Karen Rodriguez

Photobucket

"I Could Fall in Love" (Selena) - 4/10 - I take back what I've just said. I'd never take this over Stefano. She's not only a Selena fan and hopeful, now she's singing her songs. Boring as hell! I've nothing more to say, cause if I keep talking, I'm going to repeat how much she sucks.  VIDEO: PART 1, PART 2

Scotty McCreery

Photobucket

"The River" (Garth Brooks) - 6,5/10 - It confirmed, he has no sense of style. And he can't perform. He's a one trick pony! There's nothing he can do to prove he's not. His voice always sounds the same and he continiously picks country songs. Every year there's a country boring guy, last year it was the disgusting Aaron Kelly, now we have the creepy Scotty.  VIDEO: PART 1, PART 2, PART 3

Naima Adedapo

Photobucket

"Umbrella" (Rihanna) - 7,5/10 - Mmmm ... I've never expected her to sing something like this. This isn't bad but it's not good. She's pitchy all the song. I'm loving her dance moves and the reggae part was interesting but she's short of breath and isn't hitting any note. She needs to learn how to control that. She was entertaining but vocally, it was a disaster. VIDEO: PART 1, PART 2
Share this :