Photobucket

UPDATE: Florian Giustiniani is eliminated!! Matthew was B2.

A guy was finally eliminated last week. Unfortunately, it was Raphaël Herrieras, who had been tipped to win it all since the start, instead of much inferior Florian. Tonight, the remaining 5 contestants will perform two times to impress the viewers and make it into the top 4! One will be sent packing. Will it be frequent B2 landers Sarah or Maryvette? Or will it be a newster like Marina, Florian or Matthew? ... It's time to face the music!

Comments, ratings, videos and translations after the JUMP ...



Round 1

Sarah Manesse

Photobucket

Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)/Shout (Eurythmics/Tears For Fears) - 9/10 - This seems a really unusual song for Sarah, I'd never have picked this for her, but after all, Rebecca Ferguson performed this, so Sarah is due to do a great job. You know what? This is really good! Her voice doesn't fit this song that well but the dancinf and the "Shout" part are really great. She's making a real effort for this to work. It was really entertaining actually! I recommend watching this one! - VIDEO

P: This is a song that suits you perfectly. Actually, I think it was your best performance. Bravo!
D: You should  start the show each week if it gives you a little "boost" like that! Bravo! I loved it, I love you like that, don't change anything!
W: My friend, you rocked the house! It was your best performance since the beginning! I loved it!
S: Friends, thank you! (to Sarah) What a style! What a Rock voice tone! You have a recognizable voice, a  recording voice and even if you've been repeatedly bottom 2, the path is clear for you! You've got the class! I loved it!
 
Florian Giustiniani

Photobucket

J’te l’dis quand même (Patrick Bruel) - 8,5/10 - This is actually not bad at all, well, if you consider that Florian picks boring songs half of the time. This is very emotional and he's sounding good here. It's still the typical boring song that he'd pick but somehow it works. And the simplisity of the staging is great, he doesn't need dancers to carry this. - VIDEO

W: Every week we are very strict with you but this time, I swear that it's not a joke, I loved your performance. It reminds me of my sister, she was a Patrick Bruel's big fan and she sang this song "at the top of her's lungs" in the bathroom  so I felt at home! But I'll tell you my private life another day! Very good performance!
S: This song is not my cup of tea but there is one thing that I like about you: you're a fighter, you're adorable and I want to say it. You fight, you hang on whatever happens, and I respect that. I spent quite a good time.
P: It is true that we often criticize you but it's up to you to do this kind of performances every time! I thought that was great! Honestly! I felt the emotion we sometimes talk about you and me. Congratulations Flo!
D:  You're a fighter, it's true ! It's true with all the criticism from the past few weeks, it's not easy to hang on  and, every week, you hang on and you work a lot. This week we worked on the rendition, and we succeeded! I am happy for you.

Maryvette Lair

Photobucket

Can’t Get You Out Of My Head (Kylie Minogue) 9,5/10 - Wow! What a way to reinvent a song! She started with an acoustic soft start. It's really nice! I like this more than the disco sound this song has actually. This is very unique! She's back to dancing disco Maryvette in the second half. It's not bad! I prefered the first part but her unique quirky voice works on electro and disco. This was really cool and refreshing! - VIDEO

S: I had a good time, you sing very well, but there is something that really bothers me. I am very familiar with Christophe, I know his singing, his musical tastes and I know his absolute love for Kylie Minogue. Maryvette, I think you sang too much like Christophe. We are not in a competition of imitation. I don't say you imitate I say  I didn't see your footprint  in this performance and I had proof watching the little video before the performance
W: She didn't know the song then I showed her  one could make an acoustic version but this version is hers!
S: She sang it  like you'd have sung it! But it was good!
P: You see Maryvette, I agree with Oliver (Audience boos) Please, Can I? Maryvette you see, I adore you and each week you offer us a different and personal universe, but tonight, this is rare, I have not felt the  Maryvette's universe and I found it a bit trivial compared  to what you usally offer us.
D: I loved the beginning of your performance, it was really your universe but when it was little more in the "bit" a little more "underground" I liked it less. I'm not sure this style suits you. It's when you really are "Maryvette" you win my heart.
W: Objection, your honor, objection! Let me speak to the public! Objection! (Willems went on stage and hugged Maryvette) I defend Maryvette! (The audience applauded and sang) truth, and I'm sure the public will agree with me, the truth is  if we'd sang  "guitar voice" you would have said it was too easy as usual!
S: She sang it just like you do!
W: No! Maryvette, Bravo!

Matthew Raymond-Barker

Photobucket

Nothing Compares 2 U (Sinéad O’Connor) - 9/10 - I love this song! Matthew is doing this acoustic version that really works for this song. I'm really loving Matthew recently. He's showing this quirky unusual vocals and I'm really placing him as a favourite. Still, he won't win for a simple reason. He's not French. He may make it to the top 4, top 3 at least but then, he'll lose support and be cut. Back to the performance ... this was a really cute interpretation! I don't know what it is but somehow, the way he sings, how he pronunces the words is really pleasant and sweet to see. - VIDEO

D: Wow Matt! You're a real champion! You sing live and there was a technical problem with the guitar and you kept singing like a champ! Congrats Matt! You're great!
W: Since a few weeks I think you can win this contest! I love you and I'm a fan! In this kind of song you can sing high notes and we could appreciate the extent of your voice! I loved it! Thank you!
S: Tonight, everybody loves everybody! I'm usually a fan but tonight I found your performance a bit irregular. What I like is that you have not taken any singing lessons and  you really made progress this few past weeks. Tonight we saw  your vocal abilities! You still have to improve but you're on track! Bravo!
P: Matt you know since some time you and I are in love. I saw this technical problem at the beginning of the song and it was incredible! I was so scared for you but you didn't  let go! I got chills! I love this song and I had a great time! Thank you! You have a beautiful voice!
D: You've  just  proved  you are made for this job, it's to say that whatever happens on stage you did it, you kept the "focus"! Well done!

Marina D'Amico

Photobucket

F**kin’ Perfect (P!nk) - 10/10 - Wow! Great pick for Marina! This piano soft performance is really great! It's actually my favourite so far! This is fucking perfect! Haha. No, seriously, it is! The piano softness, her amazing vocals and then the faster bit. Some people say she's cold, that she doesn't show emotions, well, I don't see that! I really like Marina since her audition and this is indeed, perfect. Congrats Marina! - VIDEO

P: It was great! You seemed comfortable,  you danced well, you moved well and you sang well! It was great!
D: Wow! What happened this week? For me, this performance was fucking perfect!
W: Honey  you “rocked the house”! Yeahhhhhhhh! It was great! I think this mix of pop-rock suits you perfectly! I loved your performance! it was great! It was on top!
S: Marina you're honest, outside of the stage you're an ordinary girl who has an extraordinary  voice and I like that! Tonight I saw  you begining to gain confidence, you smiled and it was great!

Round 2

Sarah Manesse

Photobucket

Ma plus belle histoire d’amour, c’est vous (Barbara) - 10/10 - This is the songs that she should be singing. Yes, I'll say it again! Sarah's voice works better on slow emotional performances, where she can really focuse on the unique aspects of it. Like she's doing now. It sounds really beautiful. And despite a little simplistic, this is really amazing! Sarah FTW! - VIDEO

P: I like when you do this kind of performance with finesse and grace. It was really good. I loved the piano. That's how this song should be sung.
D: I had a great time. This voice-piano version allows us to discover your sensibility and your voice. This song suits you very well!
W: It was sublime. Your performance shows a great maturity. It was very pure, I really liked it.
S: One says music is also the silence. When you sang there was an electrical silence, a tension, everyone listened to you. You are one great artist and if you work, there's really is a place for you in the show-business. I don't often have the opportunity to work with such a "Ferrari" and tonight you were fantastic. I wish people would vote for you, I'm tired of the "bottoms". Sarah, it  was great!
 
Florian Giustiniani

Photobucket

Fever (Peggy Lee) - 7/10 - Oh no! Not this song! He picked to boring songs. The first was actually good but this is incrediblly wierd. It's almost an erotic show. Florian's pronunciation keeps getting worse by the way. He just can't sing in English! I don't know if he's getting lessons or something, someone should fire his teacher if he is. This is by far the worst I've seen tonight. - VIDEO

W: Before anything else, can you give a bathrobe to the dancers, they run the risk of having a cold! Flo, and I honestly swear  Veronica didn't pay me, I loved your performance! I've been kidding about these women almost naked, but I loved the choreography, you dance very well and it was very pleasant to hear.
S: That's what we call living an awaked dream. I'll sign up for X Factor next year to live such a choreography! I loved it but I'm more critical than Christopher,  it was nice but the visual outweighs the music. You had a little problem of "groove", of "feeling " in the song but I admit that it was difficult to sing in such conditions!
P: It was very good ! You move well, you make me think of Yves Montand and that's a compliment. You're a real crooner. You sang well! Super!
D: My friends, if you knew how much we worked on English and the choreography! OMG! and I'll say it for the first time tonight, Flo, I'm proud of you! OMG! It wasn't easy! Bravo!

Maryvette Lair

Photobucket

Déshabillez-moi (Juliette Gréco) 9/10 - Oh god! Why is she standing there! I don't want to lose the best singer! That siad, she's doing a really unique thing here! She brought the amazing vocals in the first one and now she's showing the fun crazy Maryvette! All those acrobacies she's doing!! OMG!! This is amazing! I can't believe how great this was!! - VIDEO

S: Congratulations on your prowess, your feat. It was very impressive! You did a great job but the musical version of this song is just devastating, IMO! You are graceful and it was impressive but musically weak.
P: I don't agree! I looked Maryvette performing on the trapeze and I listened Maryvette who sang and I think you sang really well on a trapeze. I thought it was so cool I want to try it! I love this song, she is brilliant and sexy and you were brilliant and sexy! But I wonder how you could do this on a trapeze!
S: I liked the performance but I didn't like the musical arrangement.
D: I was so afraid for you! MG! I had the impression of watching a show by the Cirque du Soleil or by Moulin Rouge. Your performance was graceful and, despite my fear for you, I was really connected to the song. Maryvette you are really crazy and I love you! I've never seen anything like it! Really! Congrats!
W: How to tell? It was absolutely amazing! We checked and it's the first time someone is performing on a trapeze, singing live on TV. She had a micro-headset and frankly it was very difficult! I applaud the technical prowess and the magic of your performance! You are beyond an artist, you're a magician! It was sublime!

Matthew Raymond-Barker

Photobucket

Dieu m’a donné la foi (Ophélie Winter) - 10/10 -  Oh god. What the hell is this? Matthew's French songs always suck! This is no exception. The amount of dancers behind him are only there to distract us from his bad vocals. Who's picikng this for him? Still not the worst, but he might end on the bottom for this. I'm not liking this at all.  - VIDEO

W: I loved it! I'm not ashamed to say I loved Ophelie Winter and I know this song by heart! And Matt you made  mistakes in the lyrics! But who cares! You did the show and you put me in a good mood!
S: You have a very good energy and you have charisma but I stayed outside of your performance! Musically, I didn't like it. I like this song but I didn't understand a word of what you sang. It doesn't really matter but I think you can do better!
P: Matt, I think, in French, you found your style! You remember, we talked a lot about it together and I think that sort of stuff suits you perfectly! It was great.
D: It's far from the auditions in which you forgot the lyrics and where you stopped and you said: "I'm so sorry, I misspoke" Today, you didn't let go, you continued to sing! Congratulations Matt, you amazed me!

Marina D'Amico

Photobucket

Si j’étais un homme (Diane Tell) - 9/10 - I must say I prefer the first performance to this one. But she's showing some emotion in this. She still needs to work, yeah, that's true but she's trying really hard and there's no doubt that she's an amazing singer! I love her tone and phrasing when she sings in French. She's got a really recognizable sound and I don't doubt she'll have an incredible carrer after this! - VIDEO

P: I had a very nice time, you sang perfectly! It was technically perfect. I was touched at times! You're on the right track and when you'll be able to sing with feelings and emotion, you'll be great!
D: Marina, you've blossomed and it really touches me and I begin to see the performer! Bravo! Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!
W: When I heard your song choice I was afraid for you because it's a very powerful and emotional song and I think that there was a door open to a full rendition, at times, you really touched me. It was good!
S: We hear your criticism and we know you're right. Marina , you're on the right track. We work every day, we talk with you, with your father, your mother and all this is beginning to bear fruit! You sang really well!
Share this :