Photobucket

UPDATE: Raphaël Herrerias is eliminated!! Sarah was B2.

2nde Nature was finally cut and we all laughed in joy when Padovani lost his final act. Tonight, the remaining 6, a great top 6, will battle once more to stay in the competition. 3 guys, 2 girls and an over. How great is that? ... It's time to face the music!

Comments, ratings, videos and translations after the JUMP ...



Round 1

Matthew Raymond-Barker

Photobucket

Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) (Beyoncé) - 6/10 -  Wow! A leather suit? This song? And WTF is going on with his dancing? Not good Matthew, not good. What was the whole point of this performance? This isn't the soulful unique Matthew we've seen, I'm even doubting this is him. Was he changed with Cécile Couderc? Cause he definitely has her diva moves. - VIDEO

W: Wow! A very good first performance! Great choice! I think  it was a bit crazy but it was really good!
S: I'm thinking ... Who makes this kind of thing today? Iglesias? There are not many people! I had a great time and I loved it! Just make sure you don't focus on the choreography at the expense of  the voice.
P: I am surprised to see you're still  in the competition, you know. Frankly, you're comfortable, you did a great job! You're the one who made the most progress! Bravo Matt!
D: We had to go through the crazyness with this song! Fortunately we have 2 songs and we'll give the emotion with the second one. You did it! Bravo! Kiss!

Sarah Manesse

Photobucket

Andy (Les Rita Mitsouko) - 6/10 - What's going on tonight?!! Is Cécile posessing all the contestants? Sarah + this song + that outfit + those moves = disgusting performance. Yeah, her uniqe vocals are great and she nails those notes but she can't keep doing this or she'll be cut. - VIDEO

P: People liked it! The choreography was not bad, it was funny. You dance well, you have a good stage presence but I didn't recognize your voice's tone. You sang  out of tune and I didn't like your performance.
S: I saw your crazyness, that's what I liked from your first audition. A little advice: pay attention not to close yourself in your universe, you must communicate with the audience.
W: I loved it! I love crazy people.!  Try to channel your energy but it was great!
S: I would like to congratulate Henry, it seems that you have been contacted by Bioley to produce 2nd Nature! You'll enjoy!
P: What are you talking about ? I'm interested!
S: I have my sources!
P:  Did you work that out all by yourself ?
S: No, Henry you contradict yourself all the time! A week ago you said you didn't like Sarah's tone and today  you say: "I didn't recognized  Sarah's tone" So you say anything! Sarah, you're a champion! This afternoon you were sick  and tonight you made a great performance! You can be proud of you!

Florian Giustiniani

Photobucket

Me And Mrs Jones (Billy Paul) - 7,5/10 - Finally Florian! Jazzy performances are what you are meant to do! I adore this song and more when it's performed in this setting. My problem with Florian is that he's not unique, he's like a French Michael Buble, but worse. He needs to work on his pronunciation too, cause it's bad! - VIDEO

W: Florian, as a judge, I must remain objective, therefore, objectively I'd say: you have a beautiful voice but the choreography, the song and the arrangement were cheesy! I thought I was on the show "La chance aux chansons" * You see? You have talent but when Veronica said earlier: "Florian is back",  if you come back to do that kind of stuff, I'll freak out!
S: It's hard because the more we advance, the more we have a friendly relationship! You sing really well, you're super beautiful but it was super boring! Super outdated! I'm sorry,  man!
P: You're the only guy I know who sings English with an accent of Marseilles, I don't know how you can do that! It's as  you were singing a Patti Smith's song!  It wasn't a good song's choice. I had a bad time.
D: We have 2 songs! Don’t worry! (In response to the public) Yes, they are jealous! It's a song you had chosen, I respect your choice and I'm glad of your performance. It's true,  English is your problem but you have already done a lot of effort and I congratulate you! Bravo!

* " La chance aux chansons" was a French TV program ( 1984-1991)  aired in the afternoon.
This show was dedicated mainly to old-fashioned musical styles.

Raphaël Herrerias

Photobucket

American Boy (Estelle et Kanye West) - 7/10 - This song isn't made for guys. This is a major no Raphaël. You are amazing but this ain't good. I mean, the performance is pretty great, though the arrengment sucks, he has a great husky tone and a cool darky side but he's not showing it here, and that's a pitty. I liked it though. - VIDEO

W: Raphaël, I love this song and you did a "cocoon" version  that is really good! I am a fan and I think this kind of song suits you perfectly.
S. I'm surprised. You're still lost and I cannot refind the guy I loved, the Raphaël with charm. I had the impression of being in a pub with a guy who sings well, not more. I need you to print a strong brand into your performance and I don't remember anything of what I just heard!. I stayed outside of your performance.
P: Personally, I found your performance very credible ... It was not easy after last week's performances. But I feel like you're on the right path. I really liked it.
D: Our team is fully staffed so we will be very criticized! I'm glad  of your performance. You played the guitar and the audience could see you were a great muscian and I hope you'll vote for him.

Marina D'Amico

Photobucket

Dis-moi lune d'argent (Hijo de la Luna) (Mecano) - 9,5/10 - OMG!!! I LOVE this song!! I never heard it in French before, just in Spanish, which I love (I've a story with that song too, I used to sing it at school when young), but it sounds so good here too! She's having my favourite performance thus far, I gave that to the amazing song choice of course. This is what she needs to keep doing if she wants to win, and I'm seeing her doing so right now. She's a great singer and performs from the heart, what more could you ask?! - VIDEO

P: I think this kind of song suits you perfectly, your voice is technically perfect.  This song allows you to give emotion. Your performance lacked dynamism, but it was one of your best performances.
D: It was a beautiful vocal performance. I think I can afford to be more severe in my comments and I'll be. I don't know what to think about this performance. It was  vocally beautiful but it was a vocal demonstration and I didn't believe a word of the story you were telling!
W: I'm not jealous. I agree with Véro. It was technically perfect. You have one of the most beautiful voices in this competition. This song tells a  very powerful story. I would like it more if there was something  that moved me in your way of singing.
S:  It's okay Marina. We are aware of this difficulty. Marina you are gifted. You impress me a lot. We know there is still work and that  you must learn to give emotion (to the judges) Your reviews are good and you're right!

Maryvette Lair

Photobucket

Can't Take My Eyes Off of you (Frankie Valli) 8,5/10 - Oh, I hate this one. Maybe Maryvette can change my mind about that. No, she cannot. I love the jazzy arrengment she gave it, it's very 80s. I love her voice so I'm not hating this, I actually like it cause it's bold and crazy Maryvette. What's going on here?! What are all those women doing there? This is certainly hilarious! - VIDEO

S: We are all KO!! If you continue to sing as you did tonight you're gonna win this contest and you'll have earned it! Clearly! I loved it !
P: How not to agree with you Olivier. Maryvette you've killed me! It was old-fashioned but so nice! I swear! You are two "Jobarts" ( nutty?)!
W: Yes we are " barjots" (nutcase?) and we love it!
P : You are a hell of a duet !
W: We  adore each other!
P: Maryvette, thank you to let us explore all the facets of your personality! You are more amazing every week! Bravo!
D: I don't know what "Jobart" and "Barjot" mean (Véronique is from Quebec and these words are slang) but if it means "crazy", I agree! You are crazy and we love you! It was cool and refreshing! Bravo
W: ( the audience applauds and sings) Maryvette Listen! This is for you! You know, I'm won anyway! This time we've try to reflect the judges' comments: they are always constructive. Last week, we were told  the performance was too indie, too trendy and tonight you proved that with a popular song, a little kitsch, you could do something extraordinary . If you have a girl who is sublime, with the class and who sing like you do, everything is possible !
 

Round 2

Matthew Raymond-Barker

Photobucket

Ça fait mal (Christophe Maé) - 8/10 - Matthew is in the trend of singing in French every week now? I'm not complaining cause it actually sounds better than his previous performance, which was in his original language. That said, this song isn't great either, this is just decent sweet Matthew, still, he's one of the best here. I'm still backing him even if he goes all wierd like earlier. This was a little love actaully.   - VIDEO

W: I like your voice's tone. For several weeks, I loved each of your performances! I had a great time.
S: I am a fan but I think you didn't bring anything special with this song. It wasn't bad but I just stayed outside of your performance.
P: It's true, it was an easy choice. I'm surprised. You haven't imprint your "groove" at your performance this time. It's true you didn't added anything special to the song. Choose your song better next week.
D: Henry, since you have no more candidates, you can come help us choose the songs!!!! It's not easy to choose the right song. Personally, I think you sang this song  your way and you nailed it ! Bravo!
P: You forgot to say: "I'm proud of you"!!!

Sarah Manesse

Photobucket

Don't Give Up (Peter Gabriel et Kate Bush) - 8,5/10 - I'm glad she came up with this performance. After the first trainwreck, doing another crazy thing would have gotten her cut. That said, this might get her cut too, cause it's not good at all. She's showing some soft emotion but her voice is lacking power, she's very off tune here. Olivier's face! Is he about to cry of emotion or because this is really bad? So, I rewatched this one and it's not half bad! I'm modifying my score! - VIDEO

P: I didn’t liked your first performance, I said. For cons, I liked this one, it suits you better. This stuff is more graceful, more fragile and it touches me more. I had a great time Sarah!
D: Yes! You didn't give up and it makes me happy! I believed every lyrics and it's important to me! Bravo! Beautiful performance! Hold on!
W: I agree with Veronica. The chorus was so good, My god! You blowed me away! It was amazing, very beautiful! There was a lot of emotion!
S: I had a great musical moment. In any objectivity. I hope people realize the musical level you impose! It was magical and beautiful! Great job!

Florian Giustiniani

Photobucket

Les Limites (Julien Doré) - 6/10 - Oh gosh, this is so wierd! The idea is a good one but not for a music show. This sucks vocally, and dispite being sort of fun, this performance is totally inappropriate for this. Florian just went back a million steps with that one. - VIDEO

W: Uh! I know you've  done what you had to do. Some people may appreciate that  kind of performance.  Each to his owns!
S: A bit of humor! This is good! When we have the chance to know Julien Doré, we think your performance is a poor copy but at least we've smiled!
P: The only advantage to  have no more candidates is we can be objective. I was surprised. It was funny, you danced well , the choreography was great and I had a good time. It was great.
D: I think this kind of song suits you very well and you ought to move in that direction. We can see you playing the fool behind the scenes and in the hotel and I'm glad you're having fun on stage. Bravo!

Raphaël Herrerias

Photobucket

Ton héritage (Benjamin Biolay) - 6.5/10 - The first one wasn't good but it was still better than this. Unfortunately Raphaël has derailed. Insted of blowing our minds after his appearence on the B2, he did this, two mediocre performances with 0 stand out potential. Bye, bye man. - VIDEO

W: Very nice rendition, it touched me!
S: If I summarize,  you do nothing and you exist, you've a presence, you don't need to have choregraphy and stuff ... your performance is very strong and I think you can print an even stronger personality to your rendition. This song is beautiful and I begin to see who you are.
P: Someone said: "Raphael  stagnates" Your best performance was  "Initiales BB". Well, I'm not a big fan of Bioley but I think he sings better than you!
D: I think it was a very good performance. We worked hard to help you to refind your confidence and I think you did an excellent rendition. I'm proud of you!

Marina D'Amico

Photobucket

Purple Rain (Prince and the Revolution) - 7/10 - That dress is so long!!! Why would you use that Marina? Late start there and again. Her timing isn't good here. All the potential in this performance disappeared now. She's not nailing this as she could, off tune, bad phrasing, forgetting the timing and not hitting the right notes. She's getting better in the last half but that performance couldn't be saved by then, though I liked some of the sharp high notes. - VIDEO

P: Olivier said that a delicate song is very difficult to sing and he’s right. Well Olivier, this song's choice is a very bad idea. It's an incredible song and hard to sing. Why did you choose this kind of song? Marina, your karaoke version is cheap. Olivier, if Marina is eliminated, you'll  be responsible. Marina, I'm sorry you've sung this song.
D: This is not a good song choice. When Prince sings this song, he spills his guts out, it's so painful and intense. We have to feel  break and wrench and  you make a voice demo! You're better than that!
W: I think it's a good song choice. Marina,  Oliver tries to drive you into a corner to get something other than a performace aesthetically perfect.
P: You're too nice!
W No, wait! Marina, it's the first time I see you are destabilized, not perfect, and whenever there is a flaw, I found it interesting. You have an amazing voice and I want you to go further,  you're a Star. You have everything to be a star , you know?
S: Henry, we must believe you because concerning karaoke , you know what you are talking about !
P: What? You are ridiculous Oliver!
S: Henry Wait, let me talk!  I haven't  interrupted  you !. Henry, your problem is that the era of "small bands" is over! We put caviar under your nose  and you no longer feel the flavor of caviar and this is called a musical gentrification . You're no longer able to hear anything, my poor Henry !
P: That's all you have to say?
S: Yes! I admit that you take some beating in karaoke and if you say that it was a karaoke performance, now then !!!

Maryvette Lair

Photobucket

Et maintenant (Gilbert Bécaud) 10/10 - Yay! Best performance of the night for sure! See Florian, Matthew, Sarah? You don't need lots of things around you to have an amazing performance. As long as you have a great voice, you don't need it. Maryvette should win this if the French are intelligent, there's no other contestant like her. She's unique, quirky and incrediblly talented! I will buy her album when this is done. - VIDEO

S: I think your first performance was the best of the night. I didn't liked this one. I stayed outside of the song, I felt like I have already lived this moment. You have great talent and we need artist like you. The piano- voice is really your universe.
P: What can I say? That's what I call "singing"! The musical arrangement was interesting, you've removed the bolero that was initially there to bring the emotion and  you give emotion through your rendition. I believed in every lyrics! I've had a great time !
D: I love when I listen to singers who manage to make me forget the original version of a song. This song has been so often covered ! I managed to embed  your universe! Bravo!
W: I am  happy when we fully discover your universe ! Olivier is right, you do piano- voice often. I take the advantage of putting Maryvette where she is at ease because being an artist is to have a personal universe in order to avoid the karaoke's way! The Maryvette's universe is the one we saw tonight. I'm won! I feel that at each performance, I see a guest star and not a candidate!
Share this :