Photobucket

This is it! The final is finally here! Chris Hordijk, Paul Turner, Erwin Nyhoff and Iris Kroes are the last remaining contestants and tonight, one of them will be walking away with the big prize. A car and a record deal, but most importantly, The Voice title! Who'll be the winner? ... This is The Voice!

Recap and videos after the JUMP ...

 Photobucket

Chris Hordijk

Photobucket

"The A Team" - 9/10 - This was without a doubt, his best performance to date but it was just last week when he sang it, so reprising it isn't that clever. I loved the first one, I'm just liking this one. It's not as impressive this time and I can't see any improvement on him. It actually sounds just as the last time he sang it. - VIDEO

"It's Only Love" with Lisa Lois - 9,5/10 - Chris is singing with his sister, who is no other than Lisa Lois!! Who would have thought that? I can't belive I didn't make the connection sooner, after all, Lisa's real name is Lisa Hordijk. And for those wondering who she is, she's the XF Netherlands 2009 winner. Outstanding vocals from both, after all, they are siblings so it's obvious their voices are gonna blend so well! - VIDEO

"Time After Time" - 10/10 - Utter great! If this is any indication of what he's going to do after the show, all sings point to success. It's right in the James Morrison vibe and it shows exactly what kind of artist he is. I loved his soft tone and all the vibe of the performance. - VIDEO

Photobucket
Erwin Nyhoff

Photobucket

"The River"- 9,5/10 - Harmonica + guitar? Epic win! I'm really digging this. His voice sounds stronger than it usually does and he definitely has some musician chops. I don't know if this was his best performance but it's up there. - VIDEO

"In Love with a Girl" with Gavin DeGraw - 8/10 - Oh, this is due to be amazing! This two sound quite fantastic together though Erwin is doing some weird faces while standing next to Gavin, who's playing piano. Why didn't they gave Erwin an instrument too? Seriously, almost creepy man! Intense performance still. - VIDEO

"Nights in White Satin" - 9/10 - Fitting song choice for his winner's single. It's quite folky and it works perfectly with his imperfect tone. It's even emotional at times. I'd buy this and I'd also buy his record. This is really interesting! - VIDEO

Photobucket

Paul Turner

 Photobucket

"Thunder In My Heart" - 5/10 - Horrible song choice. Paul shouldn't be doing this old songs, he needs to do what he does best, which is making a contemporary song really weird and creepy at times, which is what I like about him. This isn't doing it for me. - VIDEO

"Dynamite" with Taio Cruz - 2/10 - Awful. Just awful. Taio Cruz can't sing live and this performance proved that. He can only sing with heavy auto-tuning. That first notes were painful. And well, Paul was even worse. He wasn't singing, just shouting like a teenager in the shower ... So one point for each, makes two ... - VIDEO

"Don't Stop Me Now" - 6/10 - Definitely an improvement over his two other performances. His vocals at least were tolerable. Still, horrible pick as a winner's single. What were they thinking? Probably they were on pot ...  - VIDEO



 Photobucket

Iris Kroes

 Photobucket

"Someone Like You" - 10/10 - Her audition was one of the high points of the season, so I'm really glad that she's repraising it, plus the harp is here, so that's always good. I'm quite sick of this song but I can always stand her version. It's soothing and really hypnotic, I love Iris, she's my pick.- VIDEO

"Skinny love" with Birdy - 10/10 - Another outstanding performance from her. This is actually the performance of the season. Birdy is a new fave of mine and her "Skinny love" cover gives me chills, we add Iris to that equation and we get a heart-stopping interpretation. That took my breath away! - VIDEO

"I Can't Make You Love Me" - 9,5/10 - Not as incredible as her past two performances but still awesome singing from her. Her performances are emotional all the times, well, with the exception of "When Love Takes Over", and she really brings her feelings to her interpretations. She's definitely the most deserving contestant in this competition. I'd buy her album in a heartbeat! - VIDEO
 
RESULTS

Photobucket
Click the image for the results!

Share this :