Photobucket

Last week, frontrunners Marieke and Guy shockingly left the competition and now, with only 3 acts left per team, the competition will be brutal. By the end of tonight, not one but four contestants will be eliminated leaving us with our semifinalists. Who has what it takes to take the ultimate prize? ... This is The Voice!

Recap and videos after the JUMP ...

 Photobucket

Marloes van Ommen

 Photobucket

"Umbrella"- 7,5/10 - After last week's trainwreck, a miracle must happen for her to stay in the competition. This is not bad indeed. It's got a nice reggae-ish vibe and she's actually not sounding bad. This is what she needed to do in the first place, not what she did in her past performances. Finally an improvement from her! Still, I doubt that she'll outlast Chris and Charly. - VIDEO

Charly Luske

Photobucket

"Signed, Sealed & Delivered"- 8/10 - I like Charly, a lot, but lately, his performances seem boring and old fashioned to me. He's got an amazing voice, very rock driven, but I picture his record as an 80s album, and that's not something good. He seems to be winning by now, I just hope he doesn't. - VIDEO

Chris Hordijk

Photobucket

"The A Team" - 9/10 - I love this song and Chris did an amazing job with it. His voice sounded great and his interpretation was kinda emotional. I really dig his soft tone and what he did with this. He could easily outlast fave Charly after this cause Chris is much more current than him. - VIDEO


Photobucket


Laura Estévez

Photobucket

"R U kiddin' me" - 6/10 - What happened to her hair? Looks really weird. Haha. Back to the performance, I really like Laura's voice. It's got a fabulous rasp and her tone is incredible but this song isn't working at all. It was too fast at parts and despite that, it wasn't exciting at all. - VIDEO

Niels Geusebroek

Photobucket

"Old and Wise"- 6/10 - This may be a really emotional song for him but I'm just bored. If I shed a tear, it was because I was yawning. Very lazy performance. I'm not saying he's a bad singer but he needs to do something exciting cause if not, people will start muting him.  - VIDEO

Erwin Nyhoff

Photobucket

"No Mercy"- 9/10 - Well, this is just great! I love this Racoon song but Erwin made me love it even more with his unique voice. It's got a folky vibe and this is maybe one of his best performance. It was addictive to listen to! - VIDEO

Photobucket

Bart Brandjes

 Photobucket

"September" - 3/10 -  What a horrible song! When the first note is awful, you know the whole performance wil also be awful. And Bart's first not was horrible. He's too old fashioned and his voice isn't good at all. He had some good performances in the past but this is probably the worst I've seen tonight. Not even the scat could save it. - VIDEO


Sharon Doorson

 Photobucket

"I have nothing" - 7,5/10 -  She was this Beyonce wannabe since the start so becoming a diva was always gonna follow. She became everything I hate in this competitions. Big voice, pitch perfect, lots of power but nothing else. Yeah, she was kinda emotional but if she does this again, I'll stop caring about her. - VIDEO

Iris Kroes

 Photobucket

"When Love Takes Over" - 8/10 - Not sure what she was trying to prove with this performance. What I know is that it definitely wasn't the Iris we know. She's the harp girl and now tonight she was this club wannabe. I guess she wanted to show some diversity, well, enough of that! Get back to what you know best. - VIDEO

Photobucket

Wouter Vink

 Photobucket

"Rain Down On Me" - 6/10 - Lazy song choice. He needs to surprise me cause I've not been impressed by him since the show started. He's voice is too bland and nothing special. It's even kinda boring and with a song like this, he can't do much. - VIDEO


Michelle Flemming

 Photobucket

"Sober" - 7/10 - Just like Sharon went from Beyonce to diva, Michelle went from diva to Beyonce, well, kinda. Her voice isn't as strong as Sharon's but she still got the chops. I'm not sure I like her take on this song, she works better with the jazzy material. This looked forced and her voice left a lot to be desired. - VIDEO

Paul Turner

 Photobucket

"Somebody that I used to know" - 8,5/10 - This song became one of my latest faves so I'm gonna like this unless he destroys it. He's a very weird guy but he did a quite good job with it, at least he didn't murder it. He sounded quite interesting actually, much more exciting than many of the others and that's why he's still in this competition. - VIDEO

RESULTS

Eliminated Contestants:

Marloes van Ommen
Laura Estévez
Bart Brandjes
Michelle Flemming

Well, this was coming their way eventually. Despite I would have enjoyed one more week of Laura and Michelle, none of them was giving thier all and their team members were usually better than them. Same case with Bart and Marloes, their performances were not exciting enough.

Share this :