Photobucket

I'M LOOKING FOR A DANISH TRANSLATOR, IF INTRESETED, EMAIL ME

We're finally here! After weeks of auditions, bootcamp and Judges Houses, our top 9 is already picked and now, it's time for them to battle for the public's love and for the ultimate prize! Last week we lost fan favourites Kristel and Sidsel and that left us with Katrine, Mulila, Sveinur, Ida, Line, Morten Benjamin, Rasmus & Phuong, Nicoline Simone & Jean Michel and Tandberg & Østenby as our finalists. One more contestant will leave tonight, who'll be the first one to face the axe?  ... It's time to face the music!

Recap after the JUMP ...

 Katrine

 Photobucket

"White Night" (Oh Land) - 5/10 -  Performing first in the first liveshow is never good, last year finalist, DeeVibez, also got the opening spot and was cut that night, let's hope Katrine can avoid that faith. Her voice is great but unfortunately, Cutfather picked the wrong song for her. It should have worked but it's not. She's sounding off and her expressions are kinda weird, what saved that performance is that she's lovely, I hope she avoids elimination, she deserves another chance.


Nicoline Simone & Jean Michel

 Photobucket

"My Body Is A Cage" (Arcade Fire) - 8/10 - I've always said Blachman is the best mentor and he keeps proving that as the years go by. This performance is very enchanting, these two sound awesome together but they also do when they sing solo, specially Jean Michel. I loved that the performance was slightly dark and mysterious too. Groups are really strong this year!


Line

 Photobucket

"Heaven" (Emeli Sandé) - 9/10 - Wow! I was expecting Line to be the first one out but after this performance, that won't happen. The girl's got soul! Her voice is extremely powerful and the fact that she managed to deliver an almost perfect performance of that song showed she has lots of potential. 


Sveinur

 Photobucket

"Somebody That I Used To Know" (Gotye) - 7/10 -  Again, wrong song for him. Cutfather really sucks at this, hu? I really like Sveinur and I also really like this song but these two aren't a good fit. Sveinur does sound good but not as good as he could've. Well, at least he showed his versatility but I would've liked something a bit more heartfelt which actually allowed to show his unique tone.


Tandberg & Østenby

 Photobucket

"Toxic" (Britney Spears) - 9/10 -  That was quite magical, wasn't it? I never thought "Toxic" could sound so hypnotic, their soft vocals, their angelical aura and the flaute playing all made a heavenly combination. That was beautiful. If a group is ever gonna win, this is their year!


Mulila

 Photobucket

"That's Not My Name" (The Ting Tings) - 4/10 - Another awful song choice for Cutfather's list. Is he trying to get all his acts eliminated in the first weeks? I've no doubt Mulila is a lovely lady but this is simply the worst performance of the night. InTENsity did cover this song in the XF US but they were kids. Mulila should've sang a more mature song that was fun but that's about it ...


Morten Benjamin

 Photobucket

"Titanium" (David Guetta) - 9/10 -  Just great! I was hoping he did something like this cause if he went for a fast cover, it would've failed. His tone is amazing and the simplest performances, like this one, just do it for him. I admit it could've been a little more exciting but his voice is so special there's no need for more. Oh look! Blachman goes hug him when the performance ends!


Phuong & Rasmus

 Photobucket

"Speak Out Now" (Oh Land) - 8/10 -  They are definitely Blachman's chosen ones. The song is perfect for their thin voices, specially for Rasmus's. Phuong sounds better than him, and also looks cuter, but they aren't half bad as a duo. It was fun, entertaining and my attention was drawn to them, plus that song became a fave since the moment I first heard it. And what's important is that they are interesting and if they keep doing things like this, they'll go far.


Ida

 Photobucket

"Skinny Love" (Bon Iver) - 7/10 - Ida is colsing the show, who didn't see that one coming? I'm not complaining though cause she's my fave. This is really good but I know it could've been better. Ida wasn't sounding a hundred percent focused and I didn't really feel the emotional connection with the song as I've done it before. Yeah, she sounded lovely and there's no way she's going home, I just hope it had been better.




Results


Eliminated Contestant:

Phuong & Rasmus

Well, I'm really disgusted at this results. I always had a feeling people hadn't clicked with Phuong & Rasmus but I never expected them to be eliminated first. As predicted, Katrine ended in the B2 and the judges decided to save her. I'm not angry with this cause Katrine deserved another chance but Mulila really needed to go this week, instead, we are saying goodbye to a perfectly entertaining group. Guess, they are never gonna win after all ...

Share this :