Photobucket
So after the third live show, we have now established that the voting public's ability to choose the right contestant to go is so inaccurate, it's almost ridiculous. I'm still not quite sure how Claire went last week especially after the bizarre Lady Gaga song choice for Alan in Team Brian. Hopefully with Kian and Sharon, things will be better but with one of my favourites, Fauve Chapman going in Live Show 2, I'm seriously hoping that we don't have another bad bottom two for each team. Only time will tell.

Recap and videos after the JUMP ...


Photobucket

Sharon Gaynor

Photobucket

'If I Ain't Got You' (Alicia Keys) - 8/10 - Sharon is one of the best in the competition, her vocals were absolutely flawless in her last performance and once again, divine vocals. I don't know if this was quite as interesting as the last performance, it was a little bit one-dimensional and I think that the modern tracks aren't as well suited to her voice as the retro ballads by the likes of Celine and Aretha but all the same, a really unique and cool performance, very very strong start to the show.



Jim Devine

Photobucket

'We Found Love' (Calvin Harris feat. Rihanna) - 4/10 - This is a bizarre choice for his voice, he isn't the most charismatic or interesting of performers and Rihanna is a bizarre artist for him to cover, why would someone who sings predominantly country songs sing an urban dance track even slowed down? Slightly odd choice but nevertheless, a competent if generally quite unmemorable performance. I don't dislike Jim but he doesn't really engage me as a performer overall.



Elliot Canavan Doyle

Photobucket

'Falling Slowly' (Glen Hansard/The Frames) - 9/10 - Elliot's hair has been changed to a spiky style this week. With that piece of pointless information over us, he's singing a song that is much more in his style, reminding me of the Damien Rice song he sang as his Blind Audition '99 Crimes'. I liked that he was able to connect with the song on a deeper emotional level than the frankly bizarre A-Ha song choice given to him last week. I seriously hope that being in the bottom two hasn't affected his chance of going through tonight as he is head and shoulders above the other males in his category for me.





Liam Geddes

Photobucket

'Run' (Snow Patrol) - 6/10 - This song is one of my favourite songs of the 00's and I think that Snow Patrol are a fantastic band but the song doesn't work that well for Liam. For me, you either need an edge to your voice like Gary Lightbody or a hell of a falsetto like Leona Lewis (who famously covered the song) and although Liam edges closer to the latter, he isn't quite there so he doesn't just do justice to the song like I was hoping he would. Maybe it's just me but I find it hard to connect with Liam, he's a nice singer but he doesn't have all that much stage presence and I don't find it easy to get him as a performer.



Graham Dowling

Photobucket

'Let Me Entertain You' (Robbie Williams) - 6.5/10 - Aww, I really like Graham but this song just screams karaoke to me sadly. I like, no, love his voice, it has a really edgy vibe to it which really came across in the raspy chorus of last week's performance but giving him a Robbie Williams song is just asking for trouble, it was a very poor song choice for him and I worry if he'll be able to get through tonight, I didn't hate it but I think that the public may value Jim and Liam, the two who I felt were the weakest tonight over Graham, I hope I'm wrong but I have a sad feeling that it may come true.



Photobucket


Kevin Keeley

Photobucket

'Half The World Away' (Oasis) - 6/10 - I still can't quite grasp the rock direction for Kevin as he strikes me as a country artist but it is refreshing all the same to see him singing something a bit different to the standard country songs. I really like Kevin's voice but his vocals are too tame on this song, Oasis are very hard to better and whilst he makes a good effort with this performance, it definitely doesn't live up to my expectations. I hope that Kevin isn't becoming somewhat of a one trick pony as he has yet to better his Blind Audition but I won't sit and criticize him heavily as this isn't bad, just not amazing either.



Kim Hayden

Photobucket

'Mercy' (Duffy) - 8.5/10 - Kim had a very dodgy performance last week completely losing it at the start of the performance and I won't lie, I don't think Fauve deserved to go over her last week but this is miles better. She seems so much more comfortable with this song choice, it has a really retro vibe to it, I love the stage set-up and I think that she has a very classic soulful voice which fits perfectly for this Duffy song. Last time I thought she had no chance of making it past this stage but now I actually believe that she has the potential to do really well with this performance and may actually go very far indeed.



Vanessa Whelan

Photobucket

'Pie Jesu' (Sarah Brightman) - 6.5/10 - I love that Vanessa has her own style and has the divine vocals to pull off the operatic songs that Sharon gives her but honestly, she needs to do something a bit different soon or the viewers will get bored of her quickly. I want to see her do something a bit like the classical arrangement of the Take That song that she performed at her Blind Audition. I have nothing against Vanessa or her preferred genre, anyone who can sing that deserves all the praise in the world but I must admit that my attention will waver if she performs another song of the exact same style.



Nollaig O'Connor

Photobucket

'Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow' (The Shirelles) - 7.5/10 - I love Nollaig, she has an enchanting voice and all of her performances have a very atmospheric feel to them. I like that she's trying to go for a more out of her comfort zone song choice with this Shirelles track and she copes pretty well with it but all the same, I think she had a better performance last week. Overall, the vocals are nice, the emotional side of the song is very sincere and she definitely tries her best with the song, it wasn't perfect but it was a damn good try.



Kellie Blaise

Photobucket

'Mama Do' (Pixie Lott) - 7/10 - I adore Kellie's jazzy vocals and think that she has a lovely, sincere personality but she landed in the bottom two last week unfortunately. This week, the song is a bit generic for my liking, I would have loved for her to sing something by Corinne Bailey Rae but oh well, vocally she still blows it out of the water completely, it's absolutely fantastic. I love Kellie's voice and based on raw talent, she should definitely be one of the favourites but the judges seem quite harsh on her overall and I don't know if she has enough viewer support to see her through another week. Here's hoping!



Results

Eliminated Contestants:

Kellie Blaise
Graham Dowling

The two people I expected to go have gone but it's a very bittersweet elimination for me. I know that neither Kellie nor Graham had their best night tonight but over the past few performances, they have showed more promise than some of the others in the competition. I think that Kevin and Liam were both also not at their best tonight and if I had been in the coaches' shoes, I would have picked those two to go and saved the two eliminees. On the lighter side of things, Fauve (Chapman who went out in Show 2) is currently hard at work so let's hope that someone out there sees sense and snaps Kellie and/or Graham up.

Share this :