Photobucket

We lost 8 contestants in the last two weeks, Freja Blomberg, Christian Hedgren, Adrian Modiggård, Saga Björling, Daniella Hernandez, Mikaela Samuelsson, Edvard Bisof and Marcus Sennewald. Most of them had a lot of potential, even more than some of the contestants that stayed but unfortunately, Swedish public doesn't always vote only on talent. One more act from each team will be saying goodbye tonight. Who'll have what it takes to advance?  ... This is The Voice!

Recap after the JUMP ...

Photobucket

"Firework" (Katy Perry) - 5/10 - I really wanted to say this was better than her "Bleeding Love" performance but unfortunately, not only did she sang another boring unoriginal song but she was also really screechy through it. Why didn't Ola take my advice of giving her an indie song? Now she's definitely gonna leave tongiht, and it's a shame, cause there was some potential there. - VIDEO

Photobucket

"No one" (Alicia Keys) - 8/10 - When someone's got such a great first performance, it's often really hard not to dissapoint in the next one. Unfortunately, Elie didn't live up to "Try a little tenderness", which was probably the best performance of that night. His take on "No One" was still a good one, he's definitely got a fantastic voice and his dancing is quite cute, if not clumsy at times. There's definitely a performer in him, and with a few more weeks, he'll be a great one.  - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Lovestory" (Taylor Swift) - 6/10 - Ugh, Taylor Swift isn't a good pick when you got the southern belle look and a slightly country voice going on. I really like Angelina but I fear viewers may compare her to Taylor, and ultimately think Taylor is better. Honestly, she sounds just like the original, I was missing that special touch on the performance. She's still a darling though! (See what I just done there? Darling - Darland)- VIDEO

Photobucket

"Girls just wanna have fun" (Cyndi Lauper) - 5/10 - Can someone plese ban this song from singing competitions? I cringe everytime I hear a contestant is singing it and the truth is that no one has ever made a decent version of this song. That's also because the song is quite awful itself. I don't even know how could they arrenge it to sound contemporary, whoever does that should get an award. - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Shake it out" (Florence & The machine) - 9,5/10 - Great song choice for her! She's the quirky goddess of this show and I'm glad they've her, cause I wasn't expecting someone like her to make it this far. Florence is a prefect fit for Nicole's alternative niche. I also love her hand gestures, it gives the song a whole new perspective! A performance I'll play many times after the show is over ... - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Someone like you" (Adele) - 9/10 - This is an unusual, if not totally weird arrengment. That said, it definitely caught my attention, in a way that made me watch this performance many times before writing this. As Nicole, Dennis has some amazing hand gestures in this performance and less crazy eyes, the problem this time is that he looks a little spastic, plus some notes sounded a bit off. Still, he's my favourite performer and I truly belive he can develop into a real artist after this is over. - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Every teardrop is a waterfall" (Coldplay) - 5/10 - Well, this was definitely better than "Perfect Day", which was more of a lullaby than an actual performance. Despite Ninni went for a more contemporary sound this time, her vocals aren't still quite doing it for me. She's keeps being pitchy and her tone isn't special at all. No more second chances for her, she needs to go ... - VIDEO

Photobucket

"My my, hey hey" (Neil Young) - 9,5/10 - Great improvement over last week! Ulf starts his performance already teary eyed, so I fully expect him to be crying when it ends. That said, his emotion translated to the audience and he finally got lost in his performance, like I suggested last week. The slow tempo helped build the momentum Ulf reached in the middle, that without letting the ugly rocker get in the way. Heck, I even prefer his version to Neil's. Me thinks Ulf got a great edge over his competition with that ... - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Long live rock'n'roll" (Rainbow) - 2/10 - Oh god, how long do I need to stand this creep? He went from below average rocker to awful Vegas Elvis impersonator. He deserves to be ejected off the stage. (Hoping for that to happen eventually) - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Free fallin" (Tom Petty) - 6/10 - Carola is proving she's the best mentor, cause honestly, her acts have been singing the best songs so far. I still sustain that Jimmy should join a boyband (and audition for XF Sweden with it) cause as a solo singer he's quite forgettable. He started ok with the guitar but from the moment he stood up and started doing all sort of gimmicks, the performance was just too much. - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Öppna upp ditt fönster" (Lisa Ekdahl) - 7/10 - I think Clara is very lovely and I really, really like her but unfortunately, this performance felt on the boring category for me. She looked very Diana Vickers-ish tonight but the performance wasn't quite remarkable. It actually sounded quite caribbean to me. Haha. Thankfully, she was much better than team members Angelina and Ninni, so there's no doubt she's staying. - VIDEO

Photobucket

"They don't care about us" (Michael Jackson) - 6/10 - Better than last week but still not quite impressibe for me. The performance is african themed, which makes sense, but the song arrengment is quite unoriginal. She still had much more sass and attitude than the last time around and the coreography added a nice touch to the performance. I thought Beyoncé some time when she was singing, which is a good sign. Still, she needs a lot of improvement.  - VIDEO

Results

Eliminated Contestants:

Michaela Stridbeck
Jimmy Öberg
Angelina Darland
Helena Gutarra


The only surprise among this 4 was probably Angelina. I can't accept the fact that Ninni was saved and that Uggla was forced to pick between Angelina and Clara. Clara was better so it was obvious she was safe, but I'm pissed Ninni even made it, she should've gone home. The other 3 acts, Michaela, Jimmy and Helena weren't impressive at all so their eliminations are justified!
Share this :