Photobucket

Now that Idol is gone, TV4 has decided to debut two new singing competitions, The Voice Sverige and the first Swedish version of The X Factor, which will premiere later in the year (and we'll be following it). Hosted by Carina Berg The Voice coaches are rapper Petter, 1991 Eurovision winner Carola Häggkvist, The Ark frontman Ola Salo and singer Magnus Uggla. I must admit I've not really been following this show like I did with Idol Sweden. I did watch some auditions and battles but I didn't found it as engaging as Idol. Still, I'm hoping that will change with the liveshows! Also worth noting, this will be the first time I'll see some of this contestants sing.  Tonight, Team Ola and Team Uggla will take the stage and two acts per team will be sent packing! ... This is The Voice!

Recap after the JUMP ...

Photobucket

"Holiday" (Green Day) - 5/10 - The best thing about this performance was, unfortunately, her outfit. Freja's got a good voice, great indeed, but I didn't find myself rooting for her. I just wasn't interested in her, nor her performance. She's definitely a great bar singer though! - VIDEO

Photobucket

"There Must Be An Angel" (Eurythmics) - 6/10 - Ugh, I was eagerly looking forward to her performance, basically cause she was one of the few auditions I watched and I felt in love with her then, but unfortunately, this song choice wasn't good at all for her. She should have sung something more folky, it seems she's shouting on this performance. I still like her, she's unique at least, there's no much people who sing like her, it's hard to describe it. If I was her coach, I'll give her another chance after this. - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Ingen vill veta var du köpt din tröja" (Raymond & Maria) - 8/10 - She looks quite amazing tonight! Clara is definitely one of my faves and despite I've not heard her sing in English yet, her Swedish performances do it just fine for me. Clara's got a lovely voice and a very sweet tone. She's playing guitar too, which always adds some extra points to the performance! I quite loved that actually! - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Running Up That Hill" (Kate Bush) - 9/10 -  This sounds a lot like Kate Bush. The interpretation is almost the exact same as Kate's and that's a great thing. People tend to butcher this songs and I'm glad Nicole did something so good with it. I love how quirky she is, she's definitely something I'll pay to listen to. - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Crazy Crazy Nights" (Kiss) - 2/10 - Just awful. He should be ashamed of calling himself a rocker, he's hardly one. You can have the look but if your voice isn't there, you just fail in a big way. That's exactly what happened to him. His voice was way too thin and he didn't have the power to take on the bigger notes, I'm confident he'll be cut tonight. - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Bleeding Love" (Leona Lewis) - 6,5/10 - She's surprisingly better than I was expecting. I hate the fact that she only seems to sing big diva ballads, she should definitely take on something more alternative. This is not original but at least her voice is on tune, not the most interesting thing, but she can improve with a better song the next time, if there's one ...  - VIDEO

Photobucket

"I Wanna Be Your Lover" (Prince) - 9/10 - Adrian looks just like Justin Timberlake, fortunately, he sounds better than him. He's got a great stage precsence and a really cool pop voice. I also like how he adds some raspiness to some notes, something that sounds really nice. He's very interesting for sure, plus I loved the dancing too!   - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Perfect Day" (Lou Reed) - 5/10 - This was, nice? I'm not sure how I feel about her, her voice isn't bad but she didn't impress me at all. It was actually a little sleepy and boring but I suspect that was mainly the song's fault. I'm doubting she can improve though, there were good moments though. So, it's a maybe from me.  - VIDEO

Photobucket

"Kiss me" (Sixpence None the Richer) - 9,5/10 - Well, I really, really like this. First, she looks lovely in that red dress. And second, she's playing accordion, something I haven't seen in this type of shows before. Her voice is quite great too, it's not perfect but it's sweet tone and her charming personality managed to captivate me. Another one to look out for! - VIDEO

Photobucket

"I Want To Know What Love Is" (Foreigner) - 4/10 - I was over him since I saw his ridiculous name. The guy's got more lives than a cat but he can't always be saved by his mentor. He already won a battle he shouldn't have won and a sing-off in which his competitior, Bengt-Anton Runsten, was much superior. I honestly don't see what Ola sees in him, he's very average and his voice has nothing remarkable. Please Sweden, get rid of him soon!  - VIDEO

Results

Eliminated Contestants:

Freja Blomberg
Christian Hedgren
Adrian Modiggård
Saga Björling


Honestly, I'm quite pissed with the audience. I admit they did a great job in Team Uggla by eliminating Freja and Christian, the weakest acts on that team but they were totally wrong in Team Ola. Adrian and Saga deserved to stay over Mojo and Michaela, who have just decent performances. Well, at least we still have Nicole to wow us. Next week, the top 12 will perform!
Share this :