Photobucket

 Again, sorry for the delay. MDS didn’t have time to do the Top 7’s ranking and my Internet went out again. So I put this together really quickly on how I ranked the contenders after their Top 8 performances. Skylar successfully proved me wrong to put her in last place, how do they rank this time? Read on. This… Is American Idol!

#7: Hollie Cavanagh
Previous ranking: 6th

Photobucket

I didn’t really think “Flashdance” was as terrible as the Judges thought and I really liked her in the duet with DeAndre. I wasn’t expecting Hollie to be in the bottom 3 again so this isn’t good news for her. I’ll be shocked if she doesn’t go this time.

#6: Elise Testone
Previous ranking: 4th

Photobucket

She tackled Foreigner. A ballsy move, and it didn’t pay off. Girl needs to get back to her roots and be more Rock ‘n’ Roll with Blues elements. Performing more current and well-known songs would help too.

#5: Skylar Laine
Previous ranking: 8th

Photobucket

Skylar totally proved me wrong to count her out. Getting the pimp spot helped but her performance was excellent too. She does well on ballads. I sense we may be getting a last minute dark horse in the form of this sassy Country gal.

#4: Colton Dixon
Previous ranking: 3rd

Photobucket

While “Time After Time” was good, it wasn’t mind-blowing. He goes down it my rankings slightly, but maybe being under the radar here and there is a good thing. Time will tell.

#3: Joshua Ledet
Previous ranking: 5th

Photobucket

Joshua was great with “If You Don’t Know Me By Now” and even better in his duet with Jessica. I think the Judges are right that they could be the Final 2 but the competition is stiff, no one should be counted out.

#2: Phillip Phillips
Previous ranking: 2nd

Photobucket

His performances haven’t been amazing and even the Judges are critiquing him now. Being the VFTW pick at this stage usually means you don’t make the Finale. However, I think Phillip is a unique case. He’s everything the last few winners of Idol have been. He remains a looming force in the competition until proven otherwise.

#1: Jessica Sanchez
Previous ranking: 1st

Photobucket

“How Will I Know” was another solid performance from Jessica. Not my favorite, but good. She’s still marching down the road to the finale.
Share this :