Photobucket

We lost another 4 contestants last week, Kim Yarbrough, Karla Davis, Tony Vincent and Erin Martin. Tonight Team Blake and Team Xtina will take the stage once again in a night in which 2 contestants from each team will be sent packing. They'll have to nail it tonight in order to make it. Will we have a shocker this week? ... This is The Voice!

Recap after the JUMP ...

Photobucket

RaeLynn

 Photobucket

"She's Country" - 3/10 - Everybody is wondering if she has a boyfriend according to Blake. Dude, you are already married ... Another extremely weird performance from her. Why does she keep singing this? The flopping and the goth sound is back, plus a much more seductive RaeLynn, who keeps flirting with the guitarists. Despite all this, I hope she stays in the competition. She brings the lulz and Team Blake is honestly really mediocre.


Jordis Unga

 Photobucket

"A Little Bit Stronger" - 8/10 -"People should really be afraid of me tonight" , meh, I don't think so. She lost a deal just before The Voice and was ready to head back home to Minnesota. Definitely better than last week's desperate attempt to win the audience. She's way more relaxed tonight and it's showing. That was quite beautiful indeed. She's clearly the best on Blake's team.


Erin Willett

 Photobucket

"Set Fire to the Rain" - 7/10 - Erin graduated in May. She doesn't think she belongs into the industry. She needs a lot of confidence. Blake lost his dad at around the same time as her. Singing Adele isn't wise at all. Kim already proved it by packing her bags last week. This was nice but nothing special, plus she doesn't even touch Adele's feet with this cover.


Jermaine Paul

 Photobucket

"Against All Odds" - 4/10 -  Ugh, this guy is so generic. I can't belive he's still in the competition. He cries thinking about his family, blah, blah, blah. I hate when people attempt to cover this song, it never works out. Blake thinks this is gonna be the moment of the night. Seriously dude? This is boring, almost a trainwreck. I'm hoping Blake decides to send him home.


Photobucket

Jesse Campbell

 Photobucket

"Halo"  - 3/10 -Awul song choice. I've no idea what Xtina was thinking. Again with the not holding back talk. He's singing this for his daughter. Yawn. All the restraint he showed last week dissapered tonight. I considered as one of the artists who doesn't think loud is good, unfortunately, he clearly is from what he showed tonight. And on top of that, there were so many bum notes during that performance that I lost my count.


Ashley De La Rosa

 Photobucket

"Foolish Games" - 7,5/10 - Wow, as Xtina predicted, she's really owning it tonight. Yes, it's not perfect, she's pitchy at parts, many of them, but she was without a doubt the best of Xtina's team. There were some really lovely parts during the performance, specially the ending. She could develop into something great with some classes.



Lindsey Pavao

 Photobucket

"Part of Me" - 6/10 - She was originally singing a medley of "S&M/We Found Love" by Rihanna but she didn't feel comfortable with it. So she's now singing Katy Perry's newest hit. I'm not sure this is working either, the Rihanna medley was a much better idea. Lindsey's tone is exquisite, I never get tired of mentioning it but that wasn't enough to make this work. I'm sure her studio is miles better. This has to be her worst performance to date. I'm even worried she lost her frontrunner status after this, I hope not.


Chris Mann

 Photobucket

"Viva la Vida"  - 2/10 - He feels like he's stripping on stage. Oh please don't! I actually think Chris is even worse than Jermaine, even worse than RaeLynn. This guy is so boring, I actually listen to his music to help me sleep. This is like the gay version of Chris Martin. No thanks.


Results

Photobucket

Instant Eliminations:

Jordis Unga
Jesse Campbell

Ashley De La Rosa - "You and I" - 7/10 - Her phrasing at the start is quite weird but I like what she's done with this song. It's actually different from the other covers of this song I've heard, Elise Testone's and Haley Reinhart's to name a few. If she wasn't singing against Lindsey, I'd love her to make it but since that's not the case, Ashley needs to go home. I'm sorry, best wishes!


Lindsey Pavao - "Please Don't Go" - 9,5/10 - Why couldn't she do this last night? She could have beaten Chris and Ashley could have made it to the semis. This is fantastic, the best I've heard from her. She's actually singing for her life and she's doing what she does best. I loved all the emotion she poured into that performance. Lindsey is back!



Erin Willett - "Proud Mary" - 6/10 - Another predictable song choice for Erin. Not sure is better than her Adele cover and considering I didn't like that one much, I'm not sure if she should stay in the competition over RaeLynn, who's at least funny. But since this is The Voice, Blake should pick her.


RaeLynn - "If I Die Young" - 7,5/10 - Well, well, well. Take back what I just said about Blake picking Erin. He definitely needs to go with RaeLynn! This is her best vocal performance to date, and the only one I probably liked. If she had done this on the previous rounds, she would have gotten much more fans. She needs to stick to Taylor Swift and Carrie Underwood and she'll be fine.


Eliminated Contestants:

RaeLynn
Ashley De La Rosa
Share this :