Photobucket

About an year ago, Javier Colon was crowned the winner of the US version of The Voice. Now, one year later, a whole new bunch of hopefuls are hoping to take the ultimate prize home and get that very special Universal record deal. All the four judges are returning this season, as well as the host. The auditions proved to be quite successful rating wise and also talent wise, so let's see if the same applies to this stage. Team Blake and Team Xtina will perform this week ... This is The Voice!

Recap after the JUMP ...

Photobucket

Jermaine Paul

 Photobucket

"Livin' on a Prayer" - 4/10 -  I barely remember this guy from previous rounds. His version of "Complicated" during the auditions was somewhat memorable cause the pick was interesting for his type of voice but his battle is a blur. Bon Jovi doesn't seem right for him. He's very lackluster on this, verging on the boring. Is it just me or the band is too loud? Jermaine has to shout to be heard, not a great delivery. Blake expects his studio version to be in the iTunes Top 10 ... Really?


RaeLynn

 Photobucket

"Wake Up Call" - 2/10 - Blake's sole country girl this year, there's no doubt this girl will make it far just based on that. Weird song choice for her. I expected some Miranda or even Carrie Underwood but Maroon 5? Seriously? It's kinda funny actually, her flopping around the stage and the way she sang this song made me giggle a few times. She's got a cute personality and should be singing something bubbly, this felt like the twilight zone to me, a place where goth country rules the world, ew ... 


Naia Kete

 Photobucket

"Turning Tables" - 8,5/10 - I really liked both her previous performances, especially her "The Lazy Song" cover during the auditions. Naia wanted to turn the Adele song into a reggae version but Blake warns her not to. Instead, Naia's doing an almost accapella version of it and it's working for me. I think she's got a wonderful tone (the studio version of this song is golden) but her not having the big voice american people tend to vote for may hurt her a little. I'd love her to advance though and if she's cut, I'd buy her album in a heartbeat.


Jordis Unga

 Photobucket

"Alone" - 5/10 - Ex Rock Star: INXS contestant's battle was a total let down so there's a lot of preassure on her tonight. Unfortunately, the preassure was way more than she could handle delivering another diasspointing performance tonight. She's shrill on the high notes and there's nothing unique in her performance. I won't mind her going home tonight.


Erin Willett

 Photobucket

"Living for the City" - 7/10 -  Erin's father died during the battle rounds. Erin overthinks things a little too much according to Blake. Well, glad she does, cause her performance has been arugably one of the strongest of Team Blake so far. The staging looks quite great, she wanted it to look like a huge awards show production, and it kinda did to be honest. Her voice isn't that interesting, she's very generical, but she's got a lot of technique, so I predict she'll be safe tonight.


Charlotte Sometimes

 Photobucket

"Misery Business" - 9,5/10 - Charlotte has already made a name for herself, being signed to Geffen Records and realsing an album back in 2008. I was her fan back then, so it's a great surprise to see her here. Her cover of "Apologize" during the blind auditions was one of the biggest stand outs so far so I'm definitely excited for this. Charlotte nailed Paramore's track, it was dramatic and for once tonight, the band didn't overpower her. There's an unique intriguing tone in her voice and unlike Adam, I didn't hear any flatness at all. If this girl doesn't advance, there's something terribly wrong with the public.


Photobucket

Lindsey Pavao

 Photobucket

"Somebody That I Used to Know" - 9/10 - Lindsey is probably my favourite in the competition. She impressed me during her blind audition and totally blew me away with "Heart-Shaped Box" during her battle. This is a great pick for her. The masked dancers were somewhat creepy but it did work with her interesting tone. What I like about her is that she's different and she stands out. I dare to say she's the best on Xtina's team and she'll be the last one standing. Although there were some pitch issues, her studio shows how much potential she has. She's the one to beat.


Moses Stone

 Photobucket

"Stronger"/"Power" - 3/10 - The most interesting thing about this performance were the dancers and that's a problem. Moses is very forgettable to me, props for trying to add some coreography but his voice was shouty and he sounded out of breath. The song choice wasn't right either, he should have rapped and danced a little less and instead focus on singing. He tried to entertain people and he kinda did it but I doubt that people are going to vote for him.


Chris Mann

 Photobucket

"Bridge Over Troubled Water" - 5/10 - Chris is the opera dude who was a Warbler on Glee, and let me say I'm not very fond of this singing style. Of course, this cover is of an operatic version of the song. It feels very theatrical to me, he's got a nice voice but it's nothing interesting to me. He just bored me, I hope he brings something different next week cause this trick will get boring soon for the public.


Sera Hill

 Photobucket

"Find Your Love" - 4,5/10 - Sera was the last blind audition of the season, an audition in which Xtina joined her on stage, being that the only thing that made it somewhat remarkable. This performance was exactly what I was expecting from her and although she didn't dissapoint me, I wasn't really expecting much. She reminded me to AI S8 7th placer Lil Rounds and just like Lil, I expect Sera to be forgotten soon, as harsh as that sounds.


Ashley De La Rosa

 Photobucket

"Right Through You" - 6/10 - Ashley is the obvious fodder of Xtina's team and giving her this song supports that. She wants to be a rocker but she's given a pop song, weird. For a 17 y/o, it sounded quite rocky but she was still pitchy on places and didn't have the right attitude for a rocker. However, it was quite entertaining and as Adam said, she's improved greatly since her audition .


Jesse Campbell

 Photobucket

"What a Wonderful World" - 8/10 - Jesse's audition was incrediblly boring. Will he change that tonight? Xtina said that he was holding back, Jesse freaks out, he thinks he needs to bring it even more, "for me this is life or death" he says. Overracting much ... Expect a lot of oversinging from him. Contrary from what I belived, he's not shouting nor oversinging on this. It's very jazzy, if not a lil loungy. I liked how restrained it was and he's got a great phrasing, a  job well done.


Results

Photobucket

Naia Kete - "If I Were a Boy" - 6,5/10 - This is the wrong pick for her. I loved her preformance last night but as I predicted, the public didn't vote for her type of voice. "Turning Tables" was better than this, I could barely hear her at times but I still love her tone. Her "They wouldn’t let me…there were only so many songs" after Blake said he wanted something reggae will do her in unfortunately.


Charlotte Sometimes - "Iris" - 9/10 - It's a shame that Charlotte is here. I still can't belive both Jermaine and RaeLynn got more votes than her after an splendid performance, without a doub the best of the night. That's why I hate American shows, they suck at voting. This was equally impressing, I loved how she almost broke down at the end.    



Jordis Unga - "Wild Horses" - 8/10 - Well, this is surprisingly very nice. Jordis redeemed herself after this, her voice sounded lovely and I felt she was connected with the lyrics. I hate to say this, but I predict Blake will save her, as much as I hate that.


Cee Lo, Xtina and Adam would save Jordis, and so does Blake. I hate to see Charlotte going home after two great performances, I hope a record deal is ahead of her, she has real talent. Naia does also but her Sing Off song was not as impressive. I'd still buy her album in a heartbeat.

Ashley De La Rosa - "Paris (Ooh La La)" - 7/10 - Great song for her. Grace Potter is a perfect fit for Ashley. Her singing isn't perfect but she's got something interesting at least, compared to Sera and Moses. Hope Xtina gives her another chance.


Sera Hill - "Vision of Love" - 5/10 - This is better than her previous performance but it's still more of the same. At least, this one was more similar to the type of artist she is, "Find Your Love" felt a little forced compared to this one. The ending was really nice though. Still, not a fan.


Moses Stone - "Breakeven (Falling to Pieces)" - 1/10 - Why this song Moses? This has nothing to do with his genre. He should have picked some Chris Brown, or even some Usher. This is awful to be honest. Totally off key. Bye bye ...


Cee Lo would save Sera. Adam and Blake would save Ashley. Xtina also thinks so and picks Ashley. Being honest, I was expecting her to pick Sera but I'm glad she gave Ashley another chance, her performance was truly interesting. Sera and Moses can now go back to obscurity ...

Eliminated Contestants:

Naia Kete
Charlotte Sometimes
Sera Hill
Moses Stone
Share this :