Photobucket

Last week saw the deaprture of Naia Kete, Sera Hill, Moses Stone and fan favourite Charlotte Sometimes but the show must go on and tonight, the reminder of the top 24, that's Team Adam and Team Cee Lo, will take the stage. Who'll rise? Who'll fall? ... This is The Voice!

Recap after the JUMP ...

 Photobucket

Katrina Parker

Photobucket

"Tonight, Tonight" - 8/10 - I loved Katrina since day one. Her "One Of Us" cover showed her beautiful tone and I must say I was a little surprised when she beat Angel Taylor, one of the inital faves, during the battles. She still comes off as an Adele rip-off, not that I'm complaining but she needs to step asaide from those comparissons. Her look tonight isn't helping at all but every aspect of her performance is a winner. She totally reworked that song and it showed her incredible tone perfectly. It'll be a shame if she's sent home tonight.


Tony Lucca

Photobucket

"In Your Eyes" - 5/10 - He's Xtina's old Mousketeer pal. Unfortunately, that's all I can recall of him. This cover isn't half as good as his audition. Too theatrical and the way he walked around the stage was totally unnecessary. Xtina calls him one dimensional. I totally agree with that. By the way, who else thought those eyes on the screen were creepy?


Kim Yarbrough

Photobucket

"Rolling in the Deep" - 4/10 - If you are going to sing Adele, you have to be as good as her, or even better. Ok who am I kidding? Being better than Adele is impossible. Kim didn't do either thing. It was a little shouty at parts and I couldn't stop thinking she would have done better with a Whitney tune. 


Mathai

Photobucket

"Ordinary People" - 8,5/10 - Little Mathai is one of my faves. Her parents are doctors but she would rather sing. Her jazzy quirky sound is quite fantastic. The song Adam chose for her is great too, I'm scared he'll screw her with a bad pick later in the competition though. She even reminded me to Dia Frampton at moments, hoping she can get as far as Dia did.


Karla Davis

Photobucket

"Airplanes" - 3/10 - Ugh. Adam screwed her. This song is too much for her. Too many words and little singing time. And why did she do the rapping part?! She's a country/folk artist so I really don't get this pick. It's a shame, cause I really liked her from previous rounds. I fully expect her to go home tonight.


Pip

Photobucket

"When You Were Young" - 4/10 - Oh god. Someone please tell this guy with to lose the bow ties. It makes you look STUPID. And that name, seriously? Pip? What are you, a two year old? Zero edge from him, it's kinda sad. He'll be the perfect fit for a child talent contest but not for The Voice. Just go back to school ...



Photobucket

Juliet Simms

Photobucket

"Roxanne" - 9/10 - I've loved Juliet since Automatic Loveletter days when she was blonde and had a little less edge. Wow, 5 previous record deals! Great song choice for her. I love the rasp in her voice, though it sounds forced at times, you can't deny her gritty sound is something really special. One of the best performances of the night. I wonder how good is the studio.


James Massone

Photobucket

"Don't Know Why" - 1/10 - They are trying to pass him as the next Justin Bieber. Truth is that Bieber is better and saying that was extremely painful for me. This greasy dude can't sing, his falsetto is disgusting, worse than DeAndre on his worst performance. Want to know how a screaming cat sounds? Just press play on the video below ...


Cheesa

Photobucket

"Don't Leave Me This Way" - 5/10 - Cheesa's never been a stand out and she strikes me as yet another fodder contestant. To bad for the Hawaiian cause she's got a potential. Before commenting on her performance, let's trash that look. What the hell was the stylist thinking? Just awful. And unfortunately, the performance was in the same veins as the outfit. It was enjoyable enough till the disco track kicked off, her voice was ok but nothing remarkable. Gotta give her props for her dancing though!


Tony Vincent

Photobucket

"Everybody Wants to Rule the World" - 2/10 - Beverly McClellan with a liposuction and gender reassignment surgery. She's still awful and if I remember right, her previous run in the competition was disastrous too. This guy is too theatrical, I really dislike him. Please, just go back to Broadway and stop wasting our time.


Erin Martin

Photobucket

"Walk Like an Egyptian" - 5/10 - I don't get all the hate she's recived. Yes, she's got a weird singing style and she's gorgeous. Her audition was amazing and she beat the disgusting Shiled Brothers on the battles. So what the problem with that? Whatever she does tonight though, she's going home. So her swan song is "Walk Like an Egyptian"? I definitely didn't expect something so wacky. It looks like a joke but it was fun at least. Cee Lo is the worst mentor ever, take note people. If you are planning to audition next year, don't pick Cee Lo! I still like her and her voice. It's a shame.


Jamar Rogers

Photobucket

"Are You Gonna Go My Way" - 8/10 -  If you watched American Idol S8, then you must remember Jamar was Danny Gokey's friend who got cut right before the top 24. But what we never got to see on Idol is that he is HIV possitive. The guitarists on stills are an interesting touch to the performance. He pretty much nails it. After Juliet and Matahi, this was one of the few standouts of the night. Looking forward to him next week!


Results

Photobucket

Kim Yarbrough - "Spotlight" - 7/10 -  I'm not surprised to see her here. This is exactly what she should have done in her previous performance. JHud is right in her wheelhouse so there's no doubt she can nail that, not saying she is though. No matter how good this was, I'm not sure it was enough to make it through.


Karla Davis - "I Can't Make You Love Me" - 8/10 - Way nicer than "Airplanes". I'm really sad to see her here. She has lots of potential and her voice was like a breath of fresh air. I've no doubts she's going home though. This was really nice, I really dig her whispery tone and I'll be following her after this. She's earned herself a fan.  



Katrina Parker - "Don't Speak" - 8,5/10 - I really dig this performance. There were some pitch issues, though minimal, and I thought she looked quite lovely tonight. Her phrasing is outstanding. Adam definitely needs to pick Katrina, it'll be an abomination if she left after two great performances.


Blake would pick Katrina, Xtina and Cee Lo agree. So all three judges would save Katrina? Does Adam agree? It seems he does, sending Kim and Karla home. Just realized KKK was Adam's B3. Haha. Sad to see Karla go but glad to still have Katrina in the competition.

Tony Vincent - "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" - 1/10 -  He's still being way too theatrical. His faces are over the top and his take on this song was more of a trainwreck than Haley Johnsen's performance on AI. And I loved Haley. So this quite sucked.


Cheesa - "All By Myself" - 7/10 - I'm still not a fan of her. She's not unique and her song choices are really predictable. She actually reminds me to Charice, big voiced girl with zero originality. However, considering her competitiors, I think she'll make it through tonight.


Erin Martin - "Your Song" - 8/10 - I'd love to see Cee Lo picking her but I don't see that happening. It'll generate a lot of backlash and controversy, so I know Cee Lo won't chose her. This is really nice, way better than her bizarre performance last night. She sounds like Mathai a little too. Only difference is that Erin was given the bitch edit while Mathai got the nice girl. Another contestant I'll be following after the show.


Adam, Xtina and Blake all would save Cheesa. Best moment of the show, was Xtina not remembering Tony's name, shows how irrelevant he is. Cee Lo says his mind says Tony and his heart says Cheesa. So Cheesa it is! Erin going home is unfortunate but I won't miss Tony at all.

Eliminated Contestants:

Kim Yarbrough
 Karla Davis
 Tony Vincent
 Erin Martin
Share this :