Photobucket

The first audition show proved that there's still a lot of talent down under. Bella, Samantha and Josh specially shone last night and tonight it's another bunch of contestants turn. Will we find another contender tonight or will they fail to impress? ... It's time to face the music!

Recap and videos after the JUMP ...

Photobucket

Joel Goncalves (15) - Michael Jackson is his god. His never performed for more than 20 people before his audition. This is what he wants to do for the rest of his life. I'd advise otherwise. His voice is nice enough but it's nothing special, I find his overly sweet tone a little annoying actually. Plus, he hit many bum notes, obviously, the judges and the girls on the audience didn't notice that at all. Ronan asks Joel what would he think if they wanted to put him into a group. It's clear he's not in love with the idea. Nat calls him "adorabubble". He gets through, unfortunately.  - VIDEO

Photobucket

Matt Cenere (20) - He's inspired by Chris Brown, Justin Timberlake and Stevie Wonder. He's not working at the moment, he's focusing on his singing. Matt's parents divorced when he was seven and he now lives with his dad and brother. They live in a small two bedroom apartment, in which he shares a bed with his brother. Matt's singing "Lego House" and it's a great effort. I'm not sure if I liked his voice or if I liked this performance because I love that song. There were still lots of bum notes but the kid's got potential. - VIDEO

Photobucket

Vendulka Wichta (14) - Wow, what a weird name! She's got a super cute turtle backpack. "I go to school and not really much else. My dream is to be like a famous singer but if singing doesn't work out I'll just be a hairdresser or a policewoman". "Fingers up!" says her father. I think I'm in love with this girl already. Her "Blackbird" rendition was both unique and breathtaking. She's got an impressively soulful voice and her arrangement of The Beatles classic felt extremely fresh. As soon as she finishes singing, Ronan rushes to hug her. "It's hard to believe that you are 14", Guy says, to which she responds, "You can see my birth certificate if you want, I've it backstage". Haha. How lovely can she be? This has to be my favourite audition yet, I'll be rooting for Vendulka, that's out of the question. - VIDEO

Photobucket

Angel Tupai (19) - She's a vocal teacher. "Growing up was very tough, we were just one of this families that had to work hard to get by everyday. I had the option of stay at home or go earn money, sing and support my family. I had my first gig probably when I was 13, I just learnt how to travel by myself and just go do the gig, come back home, give my parents the money and know that everything was gonna be okay that week".  Guy's heard her name before, that's gotta be cool. Angel is taking on "Big White Room" and that probably has to be the biggest audition we've heard so far. Angel's got a crazy, insanely powerful voice but despite her power and diva tendencies, she still managed to add some original colours into her performance. I even got goosebumps while listening to her. The girls are really the strongest category this year, finally! - VIDEO

Photobucket

Justin Standley (41) - He teaches a prison choir in a maximum security prison. He says he loves it. His prison pupils encouraged Justin to audition for the XF. He's got three children who he hasn't seen for a very long time and who he's also looking for and he thought that if he sang well enough perhaps his kids will see him on TV and feel proud of their dad. "I was very young when I had children,  I've not seen them, and this is terrible, it's been 12 years. It's a heartbreaking feeling. It's with me every single day of my life. I was with a woman when I was young, we had three children. There was so much tension, I end up leaving that relationship.  After I broke up with my partner, she moved and broke off all contact with me and it's been very difficult, impossible, to find them. Very soon after that is when I realized I'm gay and that kind stayed with me, this belief that I didn't deserve that connection with my children. All I really want to say to them is that I've always loved them." His voice confuses me. It's country at times, then it turns folky and then it's almost operatic. I'm not crazy about his voice but I expect him to go through based on his back story. His voice isn't bad but I'm not sure if it's enough for the live shows, I predict a JH spot for him. - VIDEO

Photobucket
Share this :