Photobucket

Frontrunner Bella Ferraro found herself in the B2 with returning group Fourtunate last week but luckily, the judges were wise enough to save her. That means a fantastic group left the competition and Shiane and Jason both got to stay in the competition. Will it finally be the night one of them gets the boot? ... It's time to face the music!

Recap, videos and POLL after the JUMP ...

Photobucket

Samantha Jade

 Photobucket

"UFO" - 9/10 - Guy calls last week a massive turning point for Sammi, "she's definitely found her stride". She says that last week she was extremely worried about going home. Guy is giving her another dance song this week. We are all expecting her to nail it but will she? (That's a rhetorical question, we know she will) Her fluo outfit is rather cool and once more, she looks extremely hot. The vocals are flawless as usual but I'm not such a fan of this song. It had some impressive moments towards the end when she started hitting those big notes but I found myself comparing it to her previous performance and that one was superior. She's a star and I'm her fan, plus this was another amazing performance from Sammi but I can't help but worry for her, I hope Australia is wise enough to vote her through.



Shiane Hawke

 Photobucket

"Shine" - 5/10 - She thinks being on the XF is better than anything, "better than having a birthday, Xmas, it tops all that, because I love being on stage". Nat wants her to focus on the performance, she thinks Shiane is gonna show them that big moment all have been waiting for. Wow, this performance gives me shades of her Janis Joplin take. She's sitting on a hot air balloon basket, but there's no balloon. She barely moved the whole performance and that made me uncomfortable. And btw, what happened to your staging skills tonight Nat? Besides not making any sense, it doesn't really look good up there. Her voice sounded better than last week but she's still a mediocre contestant, Nat picked a good song for her though and I must say I wasn't completely hating her performance but there are better contestants and she still being here is unjustifiable.


The Collective

 Photobucket

"Incredible" - 4/10 - Zach calls this week the hardest in the competition with Fourtunate leaving. "It really hit hard", he says.  Apparently Trent is taking a lot of the pressure on his shoulders. I don't know why is that happening cause William is basically the lead singer right now. Really don't like this song for them, it's relatively current but that doesn't matter cause it's a bad song. They were back on track last week but this is a step backwards, well, many steps. Their vocals were pitchy, their solos weak and their harmonies nonexistent. It's shocking how much Ronan sucks as a mentor, I'm glad Good Question were cut, imagine what an awful job Ronan would have done with them? At least if they return next year they'll have a different mentor. Nat said this was her favourite performance from them, WTF? This was their worst performance.



Nathaniel Willemse

 Photobucket

"Red" - 9/10 -  Nathaniel said he used to sing at other people's special day. "I'm here and this is my special moment". He feels going back to sing at wedding would feel like he failed again. Guy gives Nathaniel a hard time on purpose cause he knows that when he pushes him a bit harder magic happens. And boy was he right! This is a great pick for him, it gave him space to show his vulnerable side and try to connect with the audience, and I think he did. I just adore his tone and I don't get tired of saying that. The performance was a bit pitchy here and there but did I really care? No, cause I felt what he was singing and I enjoyed every moment of it. Nathaniel said this song was about one of his exes, Mel asks him if he's single now, he says he's not. Hmm ...



Bella Ferraro

 Photobucket

"Sweet Disposition" - 10/10 - After she appeared in the B2 last week she was trending world wide and not for a good reason. She received a lot of hate tweets. "I'm not gonna let anyone say that I can't do it". She still thinks she can do something as good as "Skinny Love". Nat says that if they aren't taken back to Bella's first audition after this performance, there's something seriously wrong with them. Bella really topped everything she's done tonight. I never thought "Skinny Love" was as good as they painted it and I think this performance was even better, a lot better. Nat picked the perfect song for her and the staging looked surprisingly well, despite the suited men looked somewhat creepy. She outdid herself with this, so congrats to Nat. To me, this was the best performance so far, Sammi's "Scream" is a close second, but Bella's original tone just makes me melt and this song allowed her to do that. Judges, but Mel, give her a standing ovation. Can Bella pull a Reece?



Jason Owen

 Photobucket

"What's My Scene?" - 2/10 - He says the XF has been a dream come true. "After my first audition I never ever thought I'll get this far". And no one did either. Mel has done some research this week. "I may not be from Australia but I know a lot of Australians and they've all said this is the song that Jason has to sing". I give props to Mel. She's always finding ways of making Jason worse and as easy as that seems, it's not. He's just an awful singer and an even worse performer, he's got no business here. I admit Mel picked the right song for him, a song I didn't know, so I didn't mind when he ruined it. Unfortunately, I don't expect him to land in the B2 this week, just because he started bleeding after the knee slide, I hope I'm wrong though.


Rankings
  1. Bella Ferraro
  2. Nathaniel Willemse
  3. Samantha Jade 
  4. Shiane Hawke
  5.  The Collective
  6. Jason Owen
B2 Prediction: 

Shiane Hawke and The Collective

Elimination: 

Shiane Hawke

Results

Bottom 2:

Nathaniel Willemse
Samantha Jade

What the fuck? Who the fuck is voting in this shitty country? They really shouldn't have this show there. They've got the best contestants but the most stupid voters. I'm incredibly disappointed. Seriously Jason, Shiane and The Collective over two fantastic acts like Nathaniel and Samantha? What the fuck?!

Samantha Jade - "At Last" - Beautiful vocals as always. I didn't expect her to sing this song but it's a gorgeous rendition of it. She's a star and if she's eliminated tonight I'm sure she'll go on to big things.


Nathaniel Willemse - "Sexual Healing" - Another unexpected performance. I'm not sure what he tried to accomplish with this song but he did sound great on it but most importantly he was having fun. I guess he thought if he was going to go home, he was gonna have a blast during his last performance.


Nat: "I'm mad that you two are up there, it's just ridiculous. I want people at home to start voting for the people you are gonna buy their albums. I've to send one of you home, it's absolutely ridiculous, the act that I'm sending home with regret is Sammi."
Ronan: "I'm actually embarrassed that both of these guys are in the B2, I don't understand this. The performances they gave last night were incredible. The best we've probably seen in 3 years on the XF. Why they are in the B2 does not make any sense to me. I have to pick somebody and going on the performance I just saw the act that I'm sending home is Nathaniel."
Mel: "I'm not gonna go on and on and on and say how sad I am you two are in the B2. Unfortunately this is a competition and two people are gonna be in the B2 every week. Based on that performance, Sammi, I thought you came out here and you looked pissed off. You Nathaniel I thought you did way too much with the audience so I'm annoyed at both of your sing for your life performances tonight. I adore you both but tonight I'm gonna send home Sammi."
Guy: "I think it's pretty clear what I'm gonna do but what I will say to you guys is just remember what you've achieved right now and remember how many people have come from this shows, we have to remember we are looking for artists. I think people are not gonna forget you guys. I'm gutted. I love you both so I can't make that call so I'm gonna send it to deadlock."




Eliminated (via deadlock):

Nathaniel Willemse

I don't have words to describe how pissed I am with this results. Nathaniel had my favourite voice in this competition and the fact that Shiane and Jason are still in the show makes his departure even more upsetting. He should have easily made it to the final had the stupid voters backed the right acts but no, they had to pick the mediocre shits.
Share this :