Photobucket

I'M LOOKING FOR A GERMAN TRANSLATOR, IF INTERESTED, EMAIL ME

We were presented to a revamped bootcamp last week. The addition of the duos added some drama to the show, with loads of artists forgetting their lyrics, but it also brought some unfairness. The top 24 will move on to the JH tonight, with only 12 moving on to the liveshows. Who'll shock us? Who'll crumble under the pressure? ... It's time to face the music!

Recap and videos after the JUMP ...

Photobucket



Top 24

Boys - Moses
  1. Richard Geldner
  2. Aron Verfinger
  3. Lavien Partawie
  4. Andrew Steven Fischer 
  5. Barne Heimbucher

Girls - HP
  1. Lisa Aberer
  2. Alexia Drawhorn
  3. Fabienne Bender
  4. Melissa Heiduk
  5. Anna Hodowaniec 
  6. Loredana Giarraputo 
  7. Klementine Hendrichs
 Overs - Sarah
  1. Colin Rich
  2. Sascha Miskovic
  3. JJ Jobbagy
  4. Janine Smith
  5. Björn Paulsen
  6. Willy Hubbard 

Groups - Sandra
  1. Mrs Greenbird
  2. Rune
  3. Swave
  4. Josephine 
  5. aVid*
  6. Die Mayers
  7.  
Apparently, three episodes of the JH will air. The contestants will perform once, then the judges will proceed to cut two of them. They'll be left with four acts each. Then the remaining four acts will sing once more in order for the judges to pick their finalists.

Round 1

Overs

JJ Jobbagy - "Supergirl" - He's not good at all tonight. He's singing too soft and it seems Sarah is having a hard time trying to listen to him. I think he got lost in the performance a little too much and forgot he wasn't singing for himself. He's got a nice tone and I liked the way he hit some of the big notes but this performance was extremely weak. - VIDEO

Sascha Miskovic - "Time Is Running Out" - I don't like this song for him. I like it when he picks unexpected songs like the Lana Del Rey's tune he sang during his audition but picking Muse is highly predictable for an artist like him. He did a good job with it and what he did a the end was fantastic but I really didn't enjoy this performance. - VIDEO

Björn Paulsen - "Juli Nummer 10", original song - Björn is my favourite in this category. He's an unique artist with an original voice and the fact that he's singing an original song made him stand out from the rest of his category. The song is really beautiful, it's melody is quite hunting and despite it was in German, I could tell he was feeling what he was saying. - VIDEO

Colin Rich - "Chasing Cars" - He took this beautiful subtle emotional song and made it all about the big notes. Yeah, his vocals were terrific but that doesn't mean that he didn't oversang the hell out of that song, taking away all it's effect. Less is more Colin. Knowing Sarah, she'll probably put him through either way, unless Willy is better, cause we all know she'll only pick one of them. - VIDEO

Janine Smith - "If You Ever" - This is one of Janine's strongest performances but I still don't like her voice. The problem was probably this song, her tone was good but it didn't gave her the chance to perform and entertain us. It just made her voice sound very boring. - VIDEO

Willy Hubbard - "Not Over You" - Compared to Colin, Willy's got a much more current sound. Both picked relatively new songs but while one made his sound like a 60s ballad, the other made it totally fresh. His voice has a great soulful quality and was flawless during this performance, I loved what he did with this song. I really hope Sarah picks Willy. - VIDEO

Eliminated:

Janine Smith
JJ Jobbagy

Boys

Aron Verfinger  - "You Found Me" - I like Aron's voice but I don't find him interesting at all. He's a good singer but he lacks depth, maybe if he had Barne's swag I'd enjoy his performances more, but he doesn't, and the way he moves around the stage looks forced to me. He also sounded a bit out of tune, didn't he? - VIDEO

Barne Heimbucher  - "We Cry" - Barne may not be the best singer Moses has but he's a compelling artist and what he does is both entertaining and interesting. Unlike Aron, he's all about the swag and to be honest, he even sounded better than him. Moses would be stupid not to pick Barne, he's the one with the best chance of winning this for him. - VIDEO

Lavien Partawie  - "Get Here" - Awful song choice. He should have picked a current song and gave him the Lavien treatment. Instead, he picked an old song and sang it in the same old fashioned way many artists would. He's got a gorgeous vibrato but this performance didn't allow him to showcase it properly. Yes, it was a beautiful performance but compared against the others, I'm not sure how he'd fare. - VIDEO

Richard Geldner  - "Ich kann mich nicht bewegen" - I don't like Richard, that's not a news. I found his performances boring and stiff, and this one wasn't the exception. His tone is fantastic but he underused it. I did enjoy some of the things he did at the end but I think he could've done so much more with this song. It also annoyed me that he didn't even move his arms, what's wrong with him? - VIDEO

Andrew Steven Fischer  - "Engel" - I like Andrew a lot more than Richard, but tonight, I think I'd give the edge to the latter. He wasn't as stiff as Richard was but his voice sounded a bit weaker, and normally I enjoy his performances much more. Wrong song, that must be it, because I know his tone is terrific.  - VIDEO

Eliminated:

Lavien Partawie

Groups

aVid*  - "Russian Roulette" - I'm not sure this was the right song for them. I found the lead quite off tune at times and it was a bit shouty. The performance was quite amateurish to me cause they barley arranged the song to fit their style. It sounded ok but I expected it to be better. - VIDEO

Swave  - "Wonderful Life" - Unlike aVid*, their cover of this Hurt's song sounded rather different. The claps added an extra something to the song and despite I don't think their lead's the best voice, the musicians are fantastic. I enjoyed it a lot, great performance. - VIDEO

Mrs. Greenbird  - "Love Makes You Free", original song - This is a lovely song. I adore her voice, it's an unique sound and it's very sweet. They really remind me a lot to The Civil Wars. Her voice isn't as powerful as Joy's but it's still pretty stellar. His voice is great too, I wish he sang a little more. They are the best group by far. - VIDEO

Rune  - "Between Night And Light", original song - I don't really like what they are about. He's got a great voice but it's nothing that I'd pay to see. I also hate the goth screams, they are unpleasant, unnecessary and annoying. I hope Sandra doesn't pick them.  - VIDEO

Josephine  - "Leben", original song - They are probably one of my favourite bands, in fact, I'd pick them in my top 3. Their song is really great, it got shouty at times but it never felt unnecessary. I love the lead's voice and he's intensity is remarkable. Sandra was really feeling this performance as well.  - VIDEO

Die Mayers  - "Uninvited" -  I love Die Mayers but I think this wasn't the right song for them. It just was too melancholic, I felt very depressed after it ended. Her voice is amazing, I love her tone and folky style but this song didn't do her any favours. - VIDEO
 
Eliminated:

aVid* 
Die Mayers

Girls

Loredana Giarraputo vs Klementine Hendrichs - "Born To Die" - Since the girls were both sent through during the bootcamp challenge, they will battle again tonight. They are singing the same song. Loredana has a good voice but her tone isn't as original as Klementine's, who sounds awesome now that her voice is back. Her rendition of the Lana song is one of the best I've heard, amazing. There's no doubt who HP will pick. - VIDEO 1, VIDEO 2
 
Eliminated:

Loredana Giarraputo

Fabienne Bender - "Primadonna" - I really liked the arrangement at the beginning, which was very slow and made her voice sound lovely but as soon as she got to the uptempo part I stopped feeling it. She sounded much better when she kept it soft and quiet. Another concern I had is that she seemed to be struggling to remember the lyrics, I felt she was making a great effort to get them right and that distracted me.  - VIDEO

Lisa Aberer - "I Follow Rivers" - I was expecting the slow arrangement of this song but her cover was very similar to the original instead. I enjoyed it a lot though, mainly because I love Lisa. Despite her voice sounded great, I think that it would've sounded better with a slower tempo, like the lines she sang towards the middle. I also found the dancing adorable. Haha. - VIDEO

Klementine Hendrichs - "Lola's Theme" - Klementine is my favourite contestant right now. She wasn't at first but everything I've seen up to this point has been amazing. This wasn't the exception. I've never heard this song before but I loved how her voice sounded on it, especially her smooth soulful tone. She needs to make it to the next round. - VIDEO

Alexia Drawhorn  - "Heaven" - This would normally be a big song for anyone, but it's definitely not big for Alexia. The girl's got some serious powerful vibes and she nailed this song. Emeli does it better but Alexia was very good as well. She had some issues but nothing unforgivable. My problem with her is that she's not as interesting as other girls in the competition but she may make it through. - VIDEO

Melissa Heiduk  - "Nothing Compares To You" - Melissa's got a very pretty tone but her performances are mostly boring. This was one of her best, it was emotional and she sounded gorgeous on it but I wasn't very excited with it. I wonder if she's a dull performer or if she just picks awful songs. - VIDEO

Anna Hodowaniec  - "Euphoria" - Another powerful vocalist. Compared to Alexia, her voice isn't as strong but what makes her interesting is her look. You'd normally won't expect a white girl to have a voice like that. Unfortunately, this wasn't her best performance, in fact, it was probably her worst. The higher notes were quite painful despite they were on tune and she seemed out of breath at times to me. I think the problem was that she tried to make the song sound more powerful than it already is and that hurt her greatly and of course, she was quite nervous too.  - VIDEO 

Eliminated:

Fabienne Bender 
Anna Hodowaniec

Top 16

Boys
  1. Richard Geldner
  2. Aron Verfinger
  3. Andrew Steven Fischer 
  4. Barne Heimbucher

Girls
  1. Lisa Aberer
  2. Alexia Drawhorn
  3. Melissa Heiduk
  4. Klementine Hendrichs
 Overs
  1. Colin Rich
  2. Sascha Miskovic
  3. Björn Paulsen
  4. Willy Hubbard 

Groups
  1. Mrs Greenbird
  2. Rune
  3. Swave
  4. Josephine 
Round 2

Overs

Sascha Miskovic - "In These Days", original song - This original is a lot better than I expected it to be. Sascha's voice sounds the best it's sound. This was also the most restrained performance he has given, cause he normally overdoes it a little. I liked his higher register a lot though I thought his voice could've sounded a lot better. - VIDEO

Björn Paulsen - "Chicago" - His original song was much better than this cover. It was a lot more melodic and his voice sounded much more interesting. I liked some of the things he did though, his tone is great, that's the best thing about his voice, and he's got quite the powerful voice as well, which I've not seen from him before.  - VIDEO

Colin Rich - "I Won´t Let You Go" - Ugh. I've no idea why Colin irritates me so much. Yeah, he's got a cool soulful voice but what he does with it is so predictable and generic, but most importantly, it's not interesting. He sounded good on this song but once more, his performance was emotionless, just good singing but nothing beneath it. - VIDEO 

Willy Hubbard - "Shape Of My Heart" - What he did during the first round really blew me away and unfortunately, this performance felt short from that. It was a solid performance, much better than Sascha's and Colin's but I just didn't feel his tone as much as before, mainly because I liked his previous song much more. He hit an impressive note at the end though. - VIDEO

Eliminated:

Sascha Miskovic

Boys

Aron Verfinger  - "Walking in Memphis" - I said during his previous performance that I don't find him interesting and this song didn't prove me otherwise. This song is old fashioned and the way he sang it wasn't very current either. Even his movements are old and cheesy. His the weak link in this category. - VIDEO

Richard Geldner  - "Nicht von dieser Welt" - I'm started to believe Richard is a one trick pony. This performance felt like a reprise of his previous one. He moved a little more at least, so I give him some points for that. I thought his voice sounded better during his first performance but he sounded ok here as well. I just don't see how he could win this competition. - VIDEO

Andrew Steven Fischer  - "Ich laufe" - He's singing in German again and it's a shame, cause he sounds a lot better in English. I liked this performance more than his first one but he's starting to look very similar to Richard to me. He needs to mix it up if he gets to the liveshows. - VIDEO

Barne Heimbucher  - "Don't Stop The Music" - Barne is my favourite in this category but this wasn't a good performance from him. He was too energetic for this slow jazzy song. Taking his shirt off and jumping around was just too much and it was very distracting. This song took some of his swag away but it was still the best performance of this category. - VIDEO

Eliminated:

Aron Verfinger

Groups

Swave  - "Meet You There", original song - This song really reminded me to another song, which name I can't remember right now. It was good I guess, I liked how it sounded though I think the lyrics could've been better. His voice sounded a little strained as well. Ok performance but it didn't go anywhere. - VIDEO

Mrs. Greenbird  - "Creep" - I absolutely love everything they do but this performance may be the one that brokes that. They didn't sound together in this, they seemed to be to soloists singing together with zero practice. I loved their voices individually though, specially Sarah's. I also thought the way Patrick was playing the guitar was quite cool. I expect them to make it though, they are the only group that's different.- VIDEO

Rune  - "Numb" - This is the perfect song for them. I've said that I hoped Sandra doesn't pick them but I actually hope she does. I really enjoy how intense they are and the lead's voice is fantastic. I just wish they ditched the gothy screams, hopefully Sandra can succeed in extinguishing them from their performances. Great performance though, in spite of the screams. - VIDEO

Josephine  - "Auf und davon" - I was prepared to hate their performance but surprisingly, they really impressed me with this. I've said they are one of my faves and they keep making me believe that. The song was fitting and his voice sounded a lot better than it usually does. It wasn't shouty and he wasn't off a single time, everything they did made sense and it resulted in a terrific performance, better than their first one in fact. - VIDEO

Eliminated:

Swave

Girls

Alexia Drawhorn  - "Call Me Maybe" -  Wow! I was really impressed with this. She does have an interesting tone after all. This was a fun performance and she didn't try to add crazy notes, she just sang the song and it allowed her tone to shine. Her best performance by far. - VIDEO

Lisa Aberer  - "Baby When The Light" - I think the song was probably the wrong choice for her. I do love Lisa's voice and tone but she didn't sound like herself here. I liked the vibe of it but I'm torn about it, I don't know whether I liked it or not, I think I did. - VIDEO

Melissa Heiduk  - "With Every Heartbeat" - How thought she could do something that wasn't completely boring? This is the best I've seen her, at least I didn't want to sleep while watching her perform. She picked a cool song too and it sounded good on her. I've got some more hope for her now, maybe she can turn into something great. - VIDEO

Klementine Hendrichs  - "Changed The Way You Kiss Me" - Why was the point of picking this song? It was something totally different from what she's done before and I'm not really sure I was digging it. It seemed like she had forgotten some of the lyrics while she was rapping, though it was still cool to see her do that. I really like her voice and I appreciate the fact that she attempted to do something new, plus she surely was having a good time there but  was it really wise to do take such a big risk during your final performance? - VIDEO


Eliminated:

Alexia Drawhorn

Top 12

Boys
  1. Richard Geldner
  2. Andrew Steven Fischer 
  3. Barne Heimbucher

Girls
  1. Lisa Aberer
  2. Melissa Heiduk
  3. Klementine Hendrichs
 Overs
  1. Colin Rich
  2. Björn Paulsen
  3. Willy Hubbard 

Groups
  1. Mrs Greenbird
  2. Rune
  3. Josephine 
Share this :