Photobucket

 I'M LOOKING FOR A DUTCH TRANSLATOR, IF INTERESTED, EMAIL ME

I know I didn't write The Battles recaps but it's not because I didn't want to but because I kept forgetting to do it. So instead of simply quitting to recap the series, I'll just skip to the liveshows! Tonight, each coach will give a total of 10 points to each contestant and those points (out of 40), will then be added to the public's points. We've got a colossal amount of finalists, 32!, so we better get started! ... This is The Voice!

Recap and videos after the JUMP ...

Photobucket

Katty Heath

Photobucket

"Firework" - 6/10 - Team Roel -  The staging for Katty has been the best so far, I think it's because of the fireworks. Haha. Not the right song for her. She's an alternative quirky singer and this song took her identity away. She did what she could with the song and actually sounded really good on it but this isn't who she is and the most important thing in this shows is to show who you want to be as an artist, and Katty didn't. Unless she wants to be a Katty Perry wannabe. Yeah, I don't think so either.  - VIDEO

Sam Holden

Photobucket

"Payphone" - 4/10 - Team Roel - Whoa, that was painfully pitchy. What happened to the adorable guy that smashed "Skinny Love" during his audition? I think this is yet another case of wrong song choice. I usually like to see this song covered, as Cassadee Pope did on The Voice US and Fortunate on the XF AU. The only difference is that the song suited them and it doesn't goes with Sam's unique voice. His vocals were horrible, I wasn't expecting him to sound that awful, and the arrangement didn't help his voice either. It's a shame cause I really liked him and he was my favourite guy.  Is his fan base strong enough for him to survive?. - VIDEO

Sifra Geessink

Photobucket

"I'm with you" - 7/10 - Team Roel - What's going on with Roel's team? Sifra was quite pitchy at the start and the song seemed to be too big for her during the chorus on several occasions but the performance wasn't as awful as Sam's was. She probably picked the wrong song as well but she actually sounded ok through most of it and I think there may be a lot more we've not seen from her yet. Her tone sounded rather interesting too, I guess I could give her a chance if she makes it through cause she wasn't bad at all.  - VIDEO

Marjet van den Brand

Photobucket

"Dichterbij dan ooit" - 9/10 - Team Roel - In a night in which all her team mates were subpar, Marjet didn't need to do enough to triumph over the competition. While I didn't like this song much, it allowed her to show her powerful pipes and incredible stage presence. Her voice was flawless and though I wanted her to take on a rock song, I must say that she impressed me with this tonight. A very strong performance. - VIDEO

Results

Photobucket

Coach's Points:


Sam Holden - 24,5
Marjet van den Brand - 38,5
Katty Heath - 26,5
Sifra Geessink - 35

Public's Points:

Sam Holden - 49,5
Marjet van den Brand - 23,8
Katty Heath - 11,6
Sifra Geessink - 15,1

Safe:

Sam Holden - 74
Marjet van den Brand - 62,3

Eliminated:

Katty Heath - 38,1
Sifra Geessink - 50,1

After his atrocious performance, I really didn't expect Sam to get so many votes, even his own coach was surprised by it, if not a bit upset.  Marjet got a respectable amount of votes but I was hoping she'd get a lot more after that terrific performance. It's a shame to see Katty and Sifra leave, cause I think both of them are really talented, but someone has to go, and tonight, it was their turn.


Photobucket

Patt Riley

Photobucket

"Euphoria" - 7/10 - Team Trijntje -  I don't believe she was properly styled to sing this song. She looked like a jazz singer to me and seeing her singing this song didn't make sense. Silly comment aside, this wasn't the best song for her. In theory, it was a good one but for some reason, her voice was weak tonight. She didn't put as much power and emotion into it as Loreen does and for that reason it fell short. Decent performance but I don't see it making the cut. - VIDEO

Denzel Dongen

Photobucket

"I believe I can fly" - 6/10 - Team Trijntje - He sang such a cool song during his audition so why sing this dreadful classic now that you've made it to the liveshows? I hate everything about this song in fact, I hate every song that talks about flying. His vocals were amazing but the song choice was so disgusting that I couldn't enjoy them. He's a goner. - VIDEO

Tessa Belinfante

Photobucket

"Pride (In The Name Of Love)" - 9,5/10 - Team Trijntje - Finally! This is the first performance I've truly enjoyed and loved tonight. We saw many good performances but this one tops every one of them. Tessa's been my favourite (behind Sandra of course) from the get go so I'm glad she impressed us tonight. Her tone was gorgeous from beginning to end and her performance created a magical atmosphere and mixed with that foggy camera effect, a wonderful performance.  - VIDEO

Leona Philippo

Photobucket

"I just want to make love to you" - 9,5/10 - Team Trijntje - Save the best for last they say, and apparently, TVOH has applied that rule tonight. Despite it was a tad old fashioned, Leona completely stole the show with her energetic and vocally stunning rendition of this song, specially when she hit that amazing note that made all the judges gave her an instant 10. The girl's got an impressive range and her vocal delivery was amazing all around. Although I loved Tessa's performance, I think Leona delivered the best vocals of the night. It's a shame Leona, Tessa and Sandra are on the same team, cause that means two of them won't be making the finals and they are the strongest trio in the competition. Maybe there's a rule change as in The Voice US? I hope so. - VIDEO

Results

Photobucket

Coach's Points:


Tessa Belinfante - 35,5
Patt Riley - 30,5
Denzel Dongen - 26
Leona Philippo - 40

Public's Points:

Tessa Belinfante - 18,5
Patt Riley - 4,1
Denzel Dongen - 7
Leona Philippo - 70,4

Safe:

Tessa Belinfante - 54
Leona Philippo - 110,4

Eliminated:

Patt Riley - 34,6
Denzel Dongen - 33

Wow! What a massive amount of points for Leona, not only by the judges but also by the audience. She's got the highest score tonight and it was well deserved. Tessa also won her points with her beautiful rendition. I felt a little sorry for Patt and Denzel, 4 and 7 points probably feels like nothing.


Share this :