Photobucket

 I'M LOOKING FOR A DUTCH TRANSLATOR, IF INTERESTED, EMAIL ME

I know I didn't write The Battles recaps but it's not because I didn't want to but because I kept forgetting to do it. So instead of simply quitting to recap the series, I'll just skip to the liveshows! Tonight, each coach will give a total of 10 points to each contestant and those points (out of 40), will then be added to the public's points. We've got a colossal amount of finalists, 32!, so we better get started! ... This is The Voice!

Recap and videos after the JUMP ...

Photobucket

Floortje Smit

Photobucket

"Heavy Cross" - 8,5/10 - Team Roel -  She's the Idols runner-up and the consecrated rocker of the season and as such, this is an awesome song to showcase her range. The girl's got a phenomenal voice and it's hard to believe she's such an aggressive singer while still looking so sweet. The dancers behind her add a nice touch to this but Floortje has so much stage presence that they weren't really necessary. Killer performance, she's one to watch. - VIDEO

Randy Soewarno

Photobucket

"Slave To The Music" - 8/10 - Team Roel - I still can't picture how this song choice worked for her and I'm still shocked it did. Randy's take on this song was a lot jazzier than James's but equally interesting. Her voice had a Joss Stone like quality which impressed me greatly and while she looked a bit uncomfortable on stage, she completely sold me her soulish version of this song. I'd like to see her again. - VIDEO

Eyelar Mirzazadeh

Photobucket

"Girl On Fire" - 7/10 - Team Roel - Interesting fact, Eyelar and Randy sang the same song during the auditions so pitting them together in this liveshow seemed like the rational decision. Sylvia Yacoub sang this song on The Voice US's Top 10 and unfortunately for Eyelar, Sylvia did a lot better (although Eyelar sounded more on pitch), and we all know how that ended. I liked some of the liberties she took with the melody and her tone sounded really pretty at parts but her voice just wasn't powerful enough to take on this song. An ok performance, nothing out of this world. The scores the judges gave her puzzled me, did they really thought she did better than Randy? - VIDEO

David Gonçalves

Photobucket

"Purple Rain" - 7,5/10 - Team Roel - He's the other former Idols contestant. Unlike the other 3 girls, David decided to sing/was given a dated, incredibly overplayed, dull song. Honestly, I'm shocked he didn't use a platform as everyone who sings this song seems to do. Nice cover but it didn't bring anything new to this done-to-death song. I could've done fine enough without yet another cover of this. That note he hit was impressive though. - VIDEO

Results

Coach's Points:

Floortje Smit - 35.5
Randy Soewarno - 32.5
Eyelar Mirzazadeh - 35
David Gonçalves - 29.5

Public's Points:

Floortje Smit - 53.2
Randy Soewarno - 7.5
Eyelar Mirzazadeh - 28.2
David Gonçalves - 11.1
Safe:

Floortje Smit - 88.7
Eyelar Mirzazadeh - 63.2

Eliminated:

Randy Soewarno - 40
David Gonçalves - 40.6

Floortje getting the most amount of votes was completely predictable, she had the best performance and the biggest fan base. I was surprised it was Eyelar advancing, honestly, I was expecting it to be David since he also had a pre-Voice fan base. I felt bad Randy got so few votes, did everyone seriously thinks she did that bad? Or are my ears just wrong?

Photobucket


Mathijs Rumping

Photobucket

"Follow Through" - 7/10 - Team Nick & Simon -  He was a finalist on the XF Netherlands. Not the kind of performance I was expecting for him. I was looking for something a lot more edgier and powerful and what he gave me was quite weak when compared to the performance I had in mind. His voice sounded wonderful on this song though and his tone was very clear, I'd love to listen to his album. With that said, this was disappointing. - VIDEO

Janine Heines

Photobucket

"Unwritten" - 8/10 - Team Nick & Simon - Lovely arrangement, it took away some of the things I find unpleasant about this song and made it a very enjoyable performance. Had she done the song in the way Natasha sings it, I think I would have hated it. Her voice was very cute, I loved her phrasing and the liberties she took with the melody were perfect. I spotted some pronunciation problems here and there but that's about the only critique I've for her. I'm not sure she'll make it through, but at least she won't be going on a bad note. - VIDEO

Salóme Pieris

Photobucket

"What's Going On" - 8/10 - Team Nick & Simon - What a way to redeem herself! For someone who barely got Nick and Simon to turn to sing like this is a major improvement. Her audition was pitchy and shaky and despite she sang a song I really love, not very memorable. Tonight, she changed my mind about her. Her voice sounded really awesome, very smooth and jazzy. Loved the scat as usual. She was grooving and seeing her enjoying herself so much made me enjoy the performance even more. Her last notes weren't on spot and she could've sounded stronger but everything else was executed perfectly. - VIDEO

Claudia de Graaf

Photobucket

"Beautiful Goodbye" - 9/10 - Team Nick & Simon - What I like about Claudia is that she's unpredictable. She picks unknown songs and while that may not favour her, it somehow got her to this stage. I'm not sure how the audience will react to her, they'll either love her or hate her. I personally loved her performance. The choice was quite obscure and the vocal delivery was flawless, in fact, the best I've heard so far. That performance was enchanting in the most surprising way. I really hope she makes it through. - VIDEO

Results

Coach's Points:

Mathijs Rumping - 30.5
Janine Heines - 30.5
Salóme Pieris - 31
Claudia de Graaf - 33.5

Public's Points:

Mathijs Rumping -26.9
Janine Heines - 16
Salóme Pieris - 26.9
Claudia de Graaf - 30.2
Safe:

Salóme Pieris - 57.9
Claudia de Graaf - 63.7

Eliminated:

Mathijs Rumping - 57.4
Janine Heines - 46.5

It's seems the general consent was that the audience loved Claudia, with the unexpected contestant getting the most amount of votes. Salome followed her by a small margin and I'm glad she's also through. These two delivered the best performances of the night and deserved to advance. I was shocked Mathijs didn't make it though and looking at his score, he and Salome only had a 0.5 points difference. That's gotta hurt. With a different song, he would've made it.

Share this :