Photobucket

 I'M LOOKING FOR A DUTCH TRANSLATOR, IF INTERESTED, EMAIL ME

I know I didn't write The Battles recaps but it's not because I didn't want to but because I kept forgetting to do it. So instead of simply quitting to recap the series, I'll just skip to the liveshows! Tonight, each coach will give a total of 10 points to each contestant and those points (out of 40), will then be added to the public's points. We've got a colossal amount of finalists, 32!, so we better get started! ... This is The Voice!

Recap and videos after the JUMP ...



Ron Link

Photobucket

"You Give Me Something" - 7/10 - Team Trijntje - He's yet another former Idols contestant. He's taking on a more acoustic song as I suggested he did earlier but unfortunately, I didn't find his performance very exciting. His theatrical past was really evident in this performance. He was very over the top and despite his voice sounded perfect on the song, there was no edge to it, just good singing, I didn't feel anything. - VIDEO

Laurrhie Brouns

Photobucket

"I'm Every Woman" - 5,5/10 - Team Trijntje -  Every singing competition needs it's diva and Laurrhie has made it her goal to fill that void. She's got the voice, the look, the attitude, she's the perfect diva. The vocals started very strong but once she started dancing the quality started to drop. I hated the dated song choice, it didn't do her any favours as proved by the judges points. Talking about not doing any favours, whoever dressed her, should be fired. That was such an unfavourable dress for her figure.  - VIDEO

Velorisa Yorks

Photobucket

"Say My Name" - 5/10 - Team Trijntje - She's also dancing and a lot more than Laurrhie. That affected her voice, which was already being affected by the horrible song choice. She was on tune but for the most part it seemed she was talking. I really liked her audition but this was disappointing, she deserves to be sent home after this mediocre performance. I give her some extra points for dancing like that though. I was surprised by the judges points, am I so wrong about her performance? - VIDEO

Sandra van Nieuwland

Photobucket

"Keep your head up" - 10/10 - Team Trijntje - Sandra's blind audition song, "More", was certified platinum. When I heard she was singing this song I literally jumped from my seat. This is one of my favourite songs and I'm really excited Sandra is covering it since she's also my fave this year. I loved the effect the lighting created, it made the performance even more enchanting than it already was. Her voice is so gorgeous, I can't believe someone can sound like this. She's completely unique and every song she touches sounds like a piece of heaven. I'll be sure to buy her studio version later, this was seriously breathtaking. Any other scenario that doesn't involve her winning will be incredibly disappointing. - VIDEO

Results

Coach's Points:

Ron Link - 29.5
Laurrhie Brouns - 26.5
Velorisa Yorks - 34
Sandra van Nieuwland - 40

Public's Points:

Ron Link - 12.9
Laurrhie Brouns - 24.8
Velorisa Yorks - 8.6
Sandra van Nieuwland - 53.7
Safe:

Laurrhie Brouns - 51.3
Sandra van Nieuwland - 93.7

Eliminated:

Ron Link - 42.4
Velorisa Yorks - 42.6

Sandra, being the favourite, had nothing to worry about. The only thing in question was the remaining place. It could've gone to either of them but Laurrhie pulled the most votes, I suspect because of her likable personality. I'm happy about it, she's fine, at least more fun to watch then Ron and Velorisa.


Photobucket

Jared Hiwat

Photobucket

"Wicked Way" - 7,5/10 - Team Marco -  As it happened with David earlier, this performance felt totally old fashioned. However, Jared has a much more interesting voice. Comparing the two of them, I enjoyed Jared's performance a lot more. The upbeat song and Jared's contagious energy made for a fun performance to watch and his vocals were indeed pretty great. If only he had picked a better song ...  - VIDEO

Anja Dalhuisen

Photobucket

"Sober" - 7/10 - Team Marco - Anja is trying to steal the rocker chick style away from Floortje but she's not succeeding at it. Her voice isn't as powerful as the latter and she doesn't look as comfortable on stage as the Idols runner-up did. This was a very good performance though, she  did what she could with her voice, which sounds actually a lot like Pink's. I don't really like this song so I didn't enjoy this much, maybe with a different song I'll like her more. Right now, I'm not interested. - VIDEO

Pomme van de Ven

Photobucket

"Beat It" - 6,5/10 - Team Marco -  Wrong song for her, I wonder who thought this was a good idea. She nailed it vocally but is this the type of artist she wants to be? I don't think so. Despite singing it well, her performance wasn't something I've not seen before, she was just great karaoke. Zero originality, which is a shame cause with a voice like hers, she could've done a lot better. - VIDEO

Barbara Straathof

Photobucket

"You Know I'm No Good" - 9/10 - Team Marco - Wow! That was unbelievably good. I wasn't a fan of his audition cause she sounded a lot like Adele, which is actually a compliment if you think about it, but tonight she kicked it out of the park. Her tone was so gorgeous, I didn't expect her to sound this amazing.  Song choice is still a work in progress for her but with performances like this one I can't really complain. Marco's team always looked sucky to me but she's definitely the star of it.. - VIDEO

Results

Coach's Points:
Jared Hiwat - 34
Anja Dalhuisen - 32.5
Pomme van de Ven - 30.5
Barbara Straathof - 37
Public's Points:

Jared Hiwat - 11.7
Anja Dalhuisen - 14.7
Pomme van de Ven - 14.3
Barbara Straathof - 59.3
Safe:

Anja Dalhuisen - 47.2
Barbara Straathof - 96.3

Eliminated:

Jared Hiwat - 45.7
Pomme van de Ven - 44.8

Barbara advancing was no shocker. Anja whoever really was one. I was hoping it'd be Jared since his performance was the most entertaining but surprisingly, Anja got a few more votes than he did and thus, won the second spot on Marco's team. I don't actually care much, I only liked Barbara here.

Share this :