Photobucket

Only 4 remain after Shiane Hawke finally hit the bottom against The Collective and was sent packing by the judges. Tonight is the semi-final and each judges has one act each but in the end, only 3 will remain and a judge will miss getting to the final. The theme for today is Power and Passion, "one to get your heart pumping and one to pull your heart strings" according too Luke. The contestants will be singing two songs so the pressure is higher than ever. One misstep and your out ... It's time to face the music!

Recap, videos and POLL after the JUMP ...

Photobucket

Round 1

Jason Owen

 Photobucket

"Life Is a Highway" - 5/10 - "I'm really gonna make the most of it because this is the last chance to make it to the grand final" he says. Mid rehearsal, Mel suddenly stops him to ask him if he likes her shoes. Ronan thinks she can be a real distraction sometimes, "she's a bad influence in that fella". Lol. I guess this was an ok performance from him and that's as many positive things I can say about him. The song choice was good for him that's why he wasn't as atrocious as he's been every other week. His tone keeps bugging me and the staging was really predictable as well. Let's hope he crashes and burns with his next performance.


Samantha Jade

 Photobucket

"Heartless" - 10/10 - After last week performance, Sammi had lipstick all over her nose. "Of course that happened to me, I'm that person. All the judges spoke to me and didn't even say anything. Thanks a lot guys". Guy really wants to make it to the final. "That's the most important thing", he says. He looks very stressed, even more than Sammi. Lovely staging. No dancing for her tonight, she's standing in front of the mic with a piano and a crystal chandelier behind her. Her dress looks stunning on her btw. The performance starts with a really slow tempo that let Sammi show her gorgeous tone, which we hadn't seen before. Then the tempo started to build up and she started hitting bigger notes but it wasn't shouty at all, it was classy and flawless as she always is. She gets a standing ovation from the judges, apparently, it's the first time this happened the season. This was by far one of the best performances of the season, if not the best! There's no doubt she's a star, she must make it to the final.



Bella Ferraro

 Photobucket

"Bulletproof" - 7/10 - She thought she was gonna be one of the first to go home. Nat says she's got a very powerful song for Bella. Bella starts to dance awkwardly. Nat says she's freaking out cause she promised her she could dance if she made it to the semis. Nat loves the dancing cause she really wants to do it, "it's all that matter" she says. The dancers are dressed as hearts and it doesn't look as bad as it sounds. Not loving Bella's vocals tonight. They sound rushed and her tone got completely lost plus she was a bit pitchy, the dancing was awkward but that's what I was expecting from her. I guess this was good for a change but I urge her to go back to what we like fast cause this performance definitely didn't work. The ending was pretty but that was it.



The Collective

 Photobucket

"Apologize" - 6/10 - Ronan loves this song. Zach will be opening this song. Ronan says it's a big ask for him and that it'll be a bit of a moment. Nat think it's incredibly risky to do put Zach in the front for the first time during the semis. Zach's voice sounds well enough though he looks terrified,  I don't see what all the fuss was about, he just sang a few lines. If it hadn't been for the fire, this would've been a complete snooze fest. Boring vocals, bad harmonies and an awful song choice from Ronan. That wasn't neither exciting nor interesting. They are given a standing ovation, I don't know why. If they hadn't already been in the B2 last week, I'd have bet they'll go tomorrow.


Round 2

Jason Owen

 Photobucket

"How Do I Live" - 1/10 - Jason says he wasn't confident when he first arrived to the competition. Making the grand final would be incredible for his parents. "The two minutes of this song will either make me or break me", he says. Pitchy, annoying vocals. Bad song choice from Mel, he should've sang this awful song first cause this was boring and forgettable. Judges were spot on with their comments on him so I'll just quote them. "It was a little bit out of your range, it was a bit screechy at times. It wasn't a great vocal performance" (Ronan). "I didn't feel that you felt that, I didn't feel your heart in it" (Nat). "It just felt pedestrian, with no life to it" (Guy). Of course, Mel said completely the opposite thing.



Samantha Jade

 Photobucket

"Where Have You Been" - 9,5/10 - Guy says they've chosen this song to showcase her incredible journey. "I didn't think I'll get this far. I've nearly gone so many times so I'm so grateful to still be here. I can almost touch the final but you just don't know" she says, "I can't just be good, I've gotta be great". Again, fantastic vocals. Sammi really is a star and it'd be a shame if her beauty stop her from making it to the final. Guy picked another terrific song for her, he's definitely done a wonderful job this season. That was incredible, if she didn't secure a place in the final after two outstanding performance and two standing ovations, I'd be completely pissed.



Bella Ferraro

 Photobucket

"The Last Day on Earth" - 9/10 - Bella says she's found what she wants to do for the rest of her life. Nat picked this song because a lot of people have been saying Bella should sing it. Mel complains Nat has asked for help to pick her own song, again. Well, I'm glad she did cause this is the perfect song for Bella. Her voice was stunning and despite it may have been a tad boring, she definitely delivered those enchanting eerie vocals she's so popular for. I didn't get the staging, it looked weird, though Bella was gorgeous in that blue dress. I'm not sure how it'll translate to the audience but I surely loved it. I just hope she makes it to the final, after all the hype surrounding her from the beginning, it'll be a shame if she doesn't.



The Collective

 Photobucket

"Yeah 3x" - 7/10 - I hate ever time Ronan introduces an act, I completely hate it. Trent says they want to make it to the final not because of the prizes but to keep their friendship together. Zach says that if they were to be eliminated, they'd be in different parts of Australia and wouldn't be able to spend time with each other. "We are not doing this for ourselves, we are doing it for the whole group and this friendship", Trent says. Why does that sound like a threat? Lol. They are basically telling their fans that if they don't vote them into the final they'll break up. That's annoying. Good performance though. Ronan finally picked a good song for them, they weren't as good as they could've been but the performance was still enjoyable. The staging looked nice and most of them sounded ok, but Trent, who was atrocious. I think they've lost their mojo though, they could never repeat their first performance and I'm starting to think that was a fluke. They are given a standing ovation still, I guess they really want them on the final.


Rankings
  1. Samantha Jade 1
  2. Samantha Jade 2
  3. Bella Ferraro 2
  4.  The Collective 2
  5. Bella Ferraro 1
  6. The Collective 1
  7. Jason Owen 1
  8. Jason Owen 2
Prediction: 

Wow, this will be hard! Since The Collective was in the B2 last week and was given the pimp spot tonight, I think they'll be safe tomorrow. As for the rest, Jason's early position could've hurt him but unfortunately, I don't see it. That means that either Sammi or Bella could be going home, I hope I'm wrong though because I really want them in the final.
You get to pick two performances this week!



Results

Through to the final:

Samantha Jade
Jason Owen


Wow!! Sammi the goddess has made it to the final! Who would've thought she was gonna make it after she was in the B2 the first week. Also, her "Heartless" cover is #1 on iTunes right now. Is it still possible for her to win? As I said a few weeks ago, Jason is like S2's Andrew. He sucks and has zero chance at a career after the show but people vote for him cause he's likable.

Bottom 2:

Bella Ferraro
The Collective

So there'll be a sing off tonight. This looks like a fix. I hope it goes to deadlock cause that's the way it should've been in the first place. But if Bella is saved I won't complain. Haha.

Bella Ferraro - "Angels" - Gorgeous vocals as usual. Her tone was on full display tonight as the performance was really simple and intimate. I found it completely enchanting, but why do I have a feeling that the judges found it boring? Ugh, she deserves a place at the final since her voice would sell million of records. They need someone like her.


The Collective - "Use Somebody" - I wanted them to completely suck as they've been sucking for a long time but tonight, they actually sounded quite great. I hate this, hate this is happening. Since Australia is apparently fascinated by the prospect of having their own 1D, I can see them taking the last place in the final. I just hope that doesn't happen cause they are just like every other boyband.


Tonight they are not voting to send someone home but to get someone in the grand final.

Ronan: "Bella, well done. You've had the best first audition I've ever seen and I think you are a star. Boys, I'm so proud of you. It was flawless.  If the judges vote right tonight, you'll make it to the final (fuck off!) if not, it's not over for you. The act that I'm sending through is The Collective"
Nat: "I feel it's been brilliant to watch you grow each week. Bella, like everyone keeps saying, that first audition was incredible but as far as I'm concerned each and every performance that you do has just taken you to another level. A lot of people only see you as that first audition and I know that you are so many different colors and flavours. The person that I'm sending through is Bella"
Mel: "This is a really hard decision because I think both came out and did a killer performance. Bella you reminded me why you are here and I'm so glad to see that. The Collective every single week you've come out and put your own spin on every song. You guys are great. The person I'm sending through to the final is Bella"
Guy: "Both of you are incredible. I feel like we are talking about the battle of two genres. So out in respect to the public, I wanna send it to deadlock and let the public decide" 



Elimination (via deadlock):

Bella Ferraro

Damn it! Now I wish I hadn't wish it was sent to deadlock. So the most unique artist to ever hit this stage is sent home while the horrid fucker of Jason is still in the competition. Australia sucks, sucks, in voting. They should not have the power to decide anything cause they are clearly idiotic. Rant over, rooting for the wonderful Sammi now but why do I feel she'll end 3rd?
Share this :