Photobucket
I feel a bit ambivalent towards the show now, it just hasn't piqued my interest and even last week when finally one of the weaker acts went, I felt little care for any of the acts. James and Ella are probably the best two left but even they can't really save this series in my opinion, it's probably going to end up being the weakest series of the show to date. With tonight being Guilty Pleasures week, don't expect anything different, Christopher will sing a song older than the average age of an X Factor voter, James will do an amazing job with a quirky choice and Rylan's performance will be no different to any other week. It's Time To Face The Music!
  
Recap and videos after the JUMP ...

Union J

Photobucket

'Call Me Maybe' (Carly Rae Jepsen) - 7/10 - I have slowly grown to loathe this song so maybe that's a good sign as Union J are going to make me like this? I loved the way they performed it at Judge's Houses but I would like to have heard them singing something a bit more out there than this. With that said, it's a pretty good performance overall and I liked the way in which they harmonized tonight. Despite this, it's their weakest performance in quite a while and I don't know what is going on with the suits? They look completely out of place being dressed up in suits as if they're about to go into Lord Sugar's boardroom on Young Apprentice and the performance is just lacking compared to previous efforts. With that said, I 100% believe they are safe tonight because they have the teenage vote to themselves really and having been in the bottom two last week, they're bound to get a rebound.


 
Ella Henderson
 
Photobucket

'You're The One That I Want' (John Travolta and Olivia Newton-John) - 10/10 - I love the slowed down arrangement of this song, in particular the Angus and Julia Stone version but Ella's version seems slightly different, it's piano based and there is a bluesier feel to the song overall. I think that Ella is brilliant at this track, it's a breath of fresh air to see her transforming this song into something as beautiful as this song. Ella is so consistent, tonight was a brilliant performance, totally different to what I was expecting from her and definitely her best performance to date. I'm not sure what Nicole was talking about, she didn't seem to know herself but whatever it was, it was as always, completely irrelevant. Anyway, on the negative side, Ella maybe does tend to sing too many ballads but I see no reason why she won't be safe tonight.


James Arthur
 

'Can't Take My Eyes Off You' (Frankie Valli) - 7.5/10 - Ugh, this song is really not a favourite of mine, I'd go as far as to say that I despise it for some bizarre reason. Anyway, James usually has a habit of doing amazing renditions of songs with his own unique sound so I'm looking forward to this. Yeah, he was quite good, he does sing it with his unique, acoustic tone to his voice but I don't love it as much as I have loved him in the past, maybe the song wasn't as different to the original to make me like it but I feel like it was just a nice performance, nothing stand-out. However, James is a very consistent performer and it was still a great vocal, I enjoyed it. I'm hoping to see more of James' indie style next week if he gets through tonight, I hope he does but you never know with this show to be honest.



Rylan Clark
 
Photobucket

'Girls On Film/When Will I Be Famous' (Duran Duran/Bros) - 3.5/10 - Rylan is doing another mash-up, I just want him to sing ONE song, not two songs, not three songs, not The Spice Girls' entire back catalogue. Rylan is a tricky one, he makes me absolutely piss myself laughing in the VT when he says 'I spent all day carrying people's children. Everyone whose babies I carried have to pick up the phone and vote. I didn't drop their babies!' but the actual performance is not good. It's completely camp and bizarre as can be expected with Rylan, I mean treadmills and people wearing glittery shorts, did Nicole take this directly from Louis' birthday party? On a serious note, vocally it was  waste of time him even opening his mouth to sing. I just hope when that psychic told him he would make it to Week 7 that she meant that he would leave in Week 7 also. Nothing against the guy but he has reached the end of his time on the show in my opinion. He has a bit of a pop at Gary tonight, it's entertaining to watch but yeah, his time on the show has reached an end.


Christopher Maloney

Photobucket

'Total Eclipse Of The Heart' (Bonnie Tyler) - 3/10 - This is so dull, surely the guilty pleasure could have been something newer than 1805 this week or would the world simultaneously implode if this shocking event took place? Anyway, vocally it was an okay performance but there was nothing stand out about it as always. Obviously there is a reason that Chris is being voted and he has his fans so I won't dwell on the negatives too much, I doubt he's going to sell records but Rylan is a weaker singer, though a better performer. I think Chris might be okay tonight.


Jahmene Douglas

Photobucket

'Don't Leave Me This Way' (The Communards) - 8.5/10 - Jahmene is finally doing something upbeat even if it is a slightly safe choice once again. However, with that said, this is my favourite performance of his in ages, he did a great job with the song and seemed so much more confident about performing tonight. He adds a great modern twist to the song and it sounds really fresh, this is the first week where I feel like Jahmene deserves all the praise and hype, he has been genuinely great and I see no reason why he will be anywhere near the bottom two tonight. Jahmene is a great performer and I'm sure he's going to be safe tonight, I just hope that he can continue this standard next week and doesn't slip back into the reliable but boring ballads next week as he is better than the same old same old.


 
Ranking

1. Ella Henderson
2. Jahmene Douglas
3. James Arthur
4. Union J
5. Rylan Clark
6. Christoper Maloney

Bottom Two Prediction:   

James Arthur
Rylan Clark

Eliminated:

Rylan Clark


Results

Bottom Two:

Ella Henderson
James Arthur

I did predict James to be in the bottom two but I definitely wasn't expecting it to be Ella who joined him there. I don't know what the public think they are doing because there is no way that the two best contestants in the competition deserve to be in the sing-off, never mind the fact that Rylan and Christopher are both still there. I can't believe that one of these two has to go and judging by the reaction of the audience and the immediate aftermath of the announcement on Twitter, lots of other people can't believe it either.

Ella Henderson - 'If You're Not The One' (Daniel Bedingfield) - Amazing sing-off performance by Ella, she wasn't bad at all last night, I actually thought she gave her best performance to date so I'm really confused as to how she has managed to be in the bottom two especially as she was still heavily tipped to win by bookies. Maybe everyone thought she was safe? Maybe people are just awful at voting for their favourites or for the best? Regardless, Ella has given all she can give, a brilliant sing-off, full of emotion, beautiful vocals, lovely tone, it won't be easy choosing between her and James.


James Arthur - Fallin' (Alicia Keys) - He's doing a great job tonight, James has probably been my favourite of those remaining in the competition however I just wasn't won over by last night's performance as much as previous weeks. That said, he definitely shouldn't be here, especially not against Ella. I can't call it, this is another amazing performance, as always, James is pouring his heart and soul into it and I love the way he interprets the song, whatever happens tonight, the final five is possibly the worst final five of any competition ever, like, literally, I don't know what the public are thinking right now. If I had to choose, I would save Ella because I think James is more likely to be destroyed by the puppeteers at Syco, I think it would be of greater benefit to his career for him to get out now and be signed by a good label.


Tulisa is first to vote and she unleashes her fury, telling Dermot that it's a joke that the public have voted for other acts over these two contestants, adding that she believes that neither of these two should have been going anywhere until the final. She says that she hates having to do this because she loves his voice but she backs her own act and sends James home. Nicole agrees, saying that she's upset that these two are in the bottom two because it's a disgrace that either one will go home, however she believes in her own act and sends Ella home. Louis next and he is surprisingly decisive saying that whilst he disagrees with the public's voting, he believes that whilst both are great and both will receive record deals, Ella has more potential within the competition whereas James is already a ready made popstar, he sends James home. Finally to Gary who echoes the other three in being annoyed at the bottom two but says that he has backed one of them from the beginning, he sends Ella home. We have reached deadlock for the fifth time in seven shows!
 
Elimination:

Ella Henderson


Share this :