Photobucket
Thousands of Ukrainians are saving sunflower seeds for Saturday's X Factor show and that totally suits today's theme, "Songs from the movies". So in order not to waste those precious snacks, the show better be good tonight! ... It's time to face the music!

Recap and videos after the JUMP ...

Eugeni Litvinkivitch
(Евгений Литвинкович)

Photobucket

"Белеет мой парус" - 4/10 - Very theatrical performance. He may be an ok actor but this a singing competition and this song does not let his voice sound like I know it can. In addition to the death slot, this song choice may send him to the bottom 2, I'm afraid. The fourjudges  go on and on about his comedic side and acting ability, but that's not a thing to focus on if he wants those 2 millions of hryvnias. And apparently, Eugeni evokes passion (!) in Sosedov to experiment. - VIDEO

Alexey Smirnov
(Алексей Смирнов) 

Photobucket

"Проститься" - 8/10 - He's my favourite. At first, I was against this song but as it went on, I realized it lets him show another side of his voice. As for the emotional part, perfect, as always. He could've lived every song, at least that's what I think. Igor points out this song is too adult for him, but Alexey did all he could. Alexey is so serious and concerned during the judges comments, it makes me like him even more. Sosedov liked Alexey's version too, he says it was mildly emotional, beautiful and masculine. And he was also able to show the beauty of the song's melody, according to the musical critic. - VIDEO

Julia Plaksina
(Юлия Плаксина)

Photobucket

"Оnce in the street" - 10/10 - Julia is the international favourite right now. (Judging from forums and YouTube views). Sosedov wants her to be different and she could be, for sure. She sings in Georgian, how's that for diversity? (I wonder how much views she'll get this time? ...). I like it, even though I don't know the song (and don't understand a word, obviously). It's melodical and  gentle but full of pain at the same time. Perfect song for her and the staging is great also, simply beautiful. I wonder who could top this today. Irina says the song is full of magic and Julia did magic too. Igor likes this version of Julia best and Seryoga wants to buy tickets to her concert. This is a success for Julia and Sosedov. - VIDEO

Ilya Efimov
(Илья Ефимов)

Photobucket

"Belle" - 2/10 - Technically, this it's not a movie song, but ok, let's not pay attention to that. He looks like he wants to laugh and I'm starting to lose interest on him. I'd like to cite Sosedov on this performance: "It was hot because of the stage lights, not because of Ilya's voice. I was told he has a bass-baritone, but where was it? His voice was shaky, there is no low register and a lot of bum notes. There is tension building from verse to verse in the song's melody but you are cold inside". That's what he said and he is a musical critic after all. - VIDEO

Aida Nikolaychuck
(Аида Николайчук) 

Photobucket

"Романс" - 8/10 - She's not an internet sensation anymore since she's losing views to Julia, but still has a lot of eyes on her. Last week she was crying because of the critiques (of course the competition is tough Aida, what were you expecting?). This week she is singing another ballad but in Russian for a change. She uses her voice pretty accurate, it is bright and clear and I'm caught by her. Irina says pretty much the same thing she said last week, Aida sings too careful, and finishes her speech by saying she does not like such kinds of artist (isn't she supposed to be a fair judge and not let her own tastes dictate her opinion?). - VIDEO

D-version
(Группа «D-версия»)

Photobucket

"Гардемарины" - 8.5/10 - I was waiting for Danila's operatic voice to shine and add some spice into the boys performance (as much as I'm indifferent  to operatic voices, I like his and it's an interesting thing for a boyband to have). So it finally happened tonight and it was pretty good. Yet another theatrical performance but with the boys chemistry it was rather enjoyable and it was the first energetic performance today. I really liked it and so did all the judges but Sosedov. He said Danila's voice was too different from the others's (but thats what make them interesting, isn't it?). Irina answered it's not a choir for their voices to be identical, but a boyband. - VIDEO

Dmytry Sysoev
(Дмитрий Сысоев)

Photobucket

"Wicked Game" - 9/10 - He's opting for a sob story about his mother leaving him when he was a child this time (an attempt to have more votes this week? sorry for being heartless but I'm fed up of sobs). The song, however, is meant for him. A simple ans stripped down performance is what he needed and I would be surprised if he is in the bottom 2 again this week. Sosedov is weirdly short this time, he only says like one sentence and it's positive. - VIDEO

3D
(Группа «3D»)

Photobucket

"Любви единственной" - 7/10 - I'm not a fan, but have you seen anyone like them? I don't like how they all sing line by line in turns but yeah, the singing is good. Seryoga thanks them because he loves this song and feel nostalgic. Sosedov is also positive, he felt the women power that squeezed his heart. I can see them being positive in order too keep the group, because they embody the show's slogan, "Everything is possible". - VIDEO

Yakov Golovko
(Яков Павлович Головко) 

Photobucket

"Une vie d'Amour" - 5/10 - His interpretation of this song annoys me a bit and Yakov looks like a retired movie director. Irina wants to shout "Bravo" every time Yakov is on stage (I don't) and Seryoga feels very sad. Sosedov, on the other hands, complains on the lack of French elegance and charm in Yakov's performance. - VIDEO

Janna Peregon
(Жанна Перегон)

Photobucket

"Леди-совершенство" - 5/10 -She sings a song from the Russian "Mary Poppins" movie, which she likes. Janna definitely looks pretty but lacks all the neccessary ingridients Mary Poppins has, elegance, charisma and class. It's not bad, no, it's quite average. But definitely not pimp spot worthy. Sosedov complained for the lack of charm in Yakov, but he surely doesn't want to notice the same thing here and congratulates himself and Janna for the brilliant production. - VIDEO
Yoli's Ranking:
  1. Julia Plaksina 
  2. Dmytry Sysoev
  3. D-version
  4. Alexey Smirnov
  5. Aida Nikolaychuck
  6. 3D
  7. Yakov Golovko
  8. Janna Peregon
  9. Eugeni Litvinkivitch
  10. Ilya Efimov
MDS's Ranking:
  1. Julia Plaksina
  2. Janna Peregon
  3. 3D
  4. Dmytry Sysoev
  5. Aida Nikolaychuck
  6. Alexey Smirnov
  7. Yakov Golovko
  8. D-version
  9. Eugeni Litvinkivitch
  10. Ilya Efimov
Results

Group performance, as always, is brilliant. I love how they do them every week, funny, creative and energetic. The ending with the wild dance in particular was awesome. - VIDEO

Bottom two:

Ilya Efimov
D-version

Time for results. And I feel pretty confident in my own rankings as one of the B2 is my own worst act of the night, Ilya Efimov. I also feel his time is up. He's battling against D-version which is not surprising either.

Ilya Efimov - The first one to battle it out is Ilya. I really, really like his low voice but I can't close my eyes on the fact he sings the same tpye of song again and again. Also, he has no personality. I hope he goes home. - VIDEO

D-version - I was really excited to hear the boys again. I was wondering what song they would choose (because they didn't get the right, current song before). "Incomplete" sounds cool. A bit shaky, yes, but the boys do look like they are fighting for their life. - VIDEO

Irina: You didn't sing all you could here. Even though I get phone calls every now and then, suggesting you going on tour. The act I'm sending home is Ilya.
Seryoga: Of course, I vote for Ilya Efimov to stay. And Irina, maybe we should send your boys on tour!
Igor: It's so, so early for them to tour. Two of you were really great during the sing-off. But I vote for someone who's more perspective and the act I want to stay is D-version.
Sosedov: Yes, both of them were great tonight. Anyway, three cute boys are better than one (very Sosedov's logic!). So I vote against Ilya.


Elimination: 

Ilya Efimov

Everything was fair today and I'm quite satisfied with the show and it's results. We are promised there will be a Big Band night as well as an Ukrainian night in the near future and I'm very excited about this!
Share this :