Photobucket
Talent shows make something with our minds. I was getting home on the train a couple of days ago when two street musicians entered. They started to sing and I just couldn't stop judging them on how well they connected with the song and made it their own. I didn't even know I had those phrases ready in my head. But I guess we all do now. Let's use them on the next portion of the show then! Today's theme confuses me a little, "Cover versions". Isn't everything on shows like this a cover? ... It's time to face the music!

Recap and videos after the jump ...

Julia Plaksina
(Юлия Плаксина)

Photobucket

Honey - 9/10 - She's been on vocal rest for most of the week and she's not feeling good yet. Her jazz vocals fit this song perfectly (this cover version of the song, to be specific). I think this is her song for sure, her arrangement. Sosedov calls her style jazz-punk (is it a new thing in music terminology? ...) He says the stage has healing properties and Julia seems well now. He also thanks the saxophonist (we have a band on stage again, great!)



Eugeni Litvinkivitch
(Евгений Литвинкович)

Photobucket

Немного жаль - 8/10 - In his profile, every other contestant say he is a great support to everybody and also a funnyman, who also jokes about himself (sounds like a great person). His voice and singing manners are so unusual and out of box that I can't find the right words for him. Well, in that case I can always say "he made this song his own". And he did. Seryoga was waiting for the show and did not get it, so he is kinda frustrated. Irina also is negative, she thinks the song wasn't right for Eugeni since it's too simple. Sosedov is frustrated too with both the song choice and Eugeni, who apparently is not a lover but an actor.



D-version
(Группа «D-версия»)

Photobucket

Вставай - 9.5/10 -  Irina wants them to make it through so desperately that she decides to make a bold song choice. An anthem it is, both risky and exciting. Danila is almost unrecognisable without his curls. Boys captivate my attention (they and the drummers). They always give their all, all the energy they have. They don't even have to say they want it more than everything, it's quite evident. Igor wants people to vote (so do I, but quite frankly, I think it's their last week). Seryoga didn't hear them behind the drummers and sees only one person, wanting to win, Nazar (yes, his temperament is the strongest, but that doesn't mean Slava and Danila don't want it). Sosedov wanted to play the drums (totally understandable).


Dmytry Sysoev
(Дмитрий Сысоев)

Photobucket

My Father's Son - 5/10 -  In case we'd forgotten he's singing for his father (isn't he always?), there are enormous photos of them on the screen behind him (how big are their egos?, hmm). The singing is good, but I'm kinda tired of him at this point. Irina calls the staging a speculation (I like her honesty a lot). Sosedov says Joe Cocker usually just growls this song but Dmytry showed the beauty of the melody (his parallelisms are ridiculous).



Alexey Smirnov
(Алексей Смирнов) 

Photobucket

Выхода нет - 5/10 -  He was about to commit suicide some time ago but didn't because of his parents (heavy sob story alert, or am I too cynical?). There're always so many things with him on stage, remember the photo laboratory from before? Also, too much drama, it's not a music video after all. Sosedov advises him to read Dostoevsky (!) in order to understand what real drama is and to quit thoughts about suicide and depression. Alexey was about to cry during Sosedov's speech (it was harsh, I have to admit). Irina defends him wholeheartedly, and he is actually crying. Well, that'll definitely help him get the votes today (how come I'm so bitchy to him, he used to be my very favourite?).



Aida Nikolaychuck
(Аида Николайчук) 

Photobucket

Money - 8.5/10 -  Aida's roommate, Julia gives away her secret, Aida talks to people from the TV (I hope not to her own self, that would be super weird). Igor promised we'd see something new and he did not lie. Aida seems more awake than she's ever been and I like it. Who knew she had it in her? Seryoga complains that Saint Aida disappeared and gives a long social-oriented (and totally useless) speech. Irina liked it and claims it was the performance of the night (awkward, that would be D-version's).



Yoli's Ranking:
  1. D-version
  2. Julia Plaksina
  3. Aida Nikolaychuck
  4. Eugeni Litvinkivitch
  5. Alexey Smirnov
  6. Dmytry Sysoev
MDS's Ranking: (to be added)
  1. Eugeni Litvinkivitch
  2. Julia Plaksina
  3. Aida Nikolaychuck
  4. Dmytry Sysoev
  5. D-version
  6. Alexey Smirnov 
Results

Group performance is just ridiculous, in a good way.



When it comes to announcing the result and all the acts are standing on stage, some crazy things are happening. Every time the show's host pauses before a name, the crowd shouts "D-version". Boys are smiling to that reaction and I'm starting to hope it would become real. I don't really want them to leave (Can I tell you a secret? I usually edit my recaps to their singing because they inspire me the most, I mean, how passionately they fight almost every time). And when only three acts remain,  Julia, Dmytry and the boys, the host is smiling a little before saying the name, and yes, it's real. D-version is through, leaving Julia and Dmytry in the bottom. Truly unexpected.

Bottom two:

Julia Plaksina
Dmytry Sysoev

Julia Plaksina  - She wanted to be in the bottom to sing her favourite song so now she has the opportunity. I quite understand her because she is really good now (but how come there is not a single one mention of "Euphoria" in that song?).



Dmytry Sysoev - He is his usual self, only a little bit more energetic, doing what he does best. They both are strong vocalists, I can't predict the verdict.


Sosedov votes for Julia to stay
Seryoga votes for his own act, Dmytry, too.
Irina: For me this choice is not that difficult. Dmytry, you are not singing what you like, I can see it in your eyes, so I'm sending you home.
Igor: I vote for Dmytry to stay.

Elimination (via deadlock):
  
Julia Plaksina

Wow. I thought she would be in the finals, I totally believed in it and said it a million times. But she doesn't have to win to be successful in this industry though. I think I'll hear from her soon enough. This is it for today. Next week, double the music! Every act gets to sing two songs and then the act with the less amount of votes will  leave immediately. See you then!
Share this :