photo TheVoiceBelgique_zps95ceba75.png
We are down to 16 now but unfortunately, only 9 were interesting enough this week. Among their picks, Adele, Stevie Wonder, Queen and Marilyn Monroe. Yes, you read that last one right. But did the 9 acts made it through to the Top 12?

Highlights after the jump ...

Kate O'Sullivan

 photo KateOSullivan_zps456297f9.png
"Blow me one last kiss" (P!nk) - Team Quentin - 5,5/10  Eliminated - I really want to know who suggested this song so I can kick the hell out of him/her. The fact that she has adorable pink hair doesn't mean she should be singing songs by Pink, which is so not her style. She was shouty and pitchy, yet her tone was surprisingly good. Unfortunately, her raw potential wasn't enough for saving her. I won't complain, it meant another week of Grazia after all, I hope Laura would've been eliminated instead though. - VIDEO







Elia Fragione

 photo EliaFragione_zps39c5979b.png
"I Wanna Be Loved by You" (Marilyn Monroe) - Team Natasha St-Pier - 6,5/10 - Eliminated - That was interesting, I guess. Half the performance was shot in black and white with Elia adopting Marilyn's iconic style. I kinda liked it to be honest. It was certainly different but quite entertaining. Not very original and not at all right for a singing competition but I appreciate the effort. - VIDEO








Manou Maerten

 photo ManouMaertens_zpsd6b06316.png
"Don't Speak" (No Doubt) - Team Natasha St-Pier - 6,5/10 Through to the Top 16 - I really liked her Birdy cover from the past week so I expected more from her than a dull No Doubt cover. Decent vocals, her lovely tone was nowhere to be found and her delivery felt so half-heartedly it put me off. To my surprise, she survived, hopefully, she'll be more exciting the next week. - VIDEO








Loredana Castiglia

 photo LoredanaCastiglia_zps9b400db4.png
"Skyfall" (Adele) - Team B.J Scott - 7/10 - Through to the Top 16 - Yet another strong vocal performance and a great attitude on stage yet incredibly unoriginal. That's Loredana's problem, she's a phenomenal singer but her lack of innovation plays against her. But right now, with 4 acts per team, strong vocals triumph over quirky performances. - VIDEO








Robin Guérit

 photo RobinGueacuterit_zps6f6e802a.png
"Don't Stop Me Now" (Queen) - Team Natasha St-Pier - 7/10 Through to the Top 16 - Awful song choice. He should know better than touching Queen's song book. He looked quite ridiculous if you ask me, his extravagant faces worked with M's song but they just make him look like a joke here. His voice is great though, I adore that tone of his. Natasha should really step it up, her acts were very disappointing tonight. - VIDEO







Samuel Bosman

 photo SamuelBosmans_zps329c48fc.png
"Master Blaster" (Stevie Wonder) - Team Quentin - 7,5/10 Through to the Top 16 - I thought his previous performance was good but not good enough. However, he surprised me with his take on this reggae influenced tune. He didn't do anything different with it but his cover was exciting enough to have me tapping my feet. Then again, it may have been because I love this song's rhythm.- VIDEO









Angy Sciacqua

 photo AngySciacqua_zpsf9599c0f.png
"Ti sento" (Matia Bazar) - Team B.J Scott - 7,5/10 Through to the Top 16 - Italian song on a French show, that's different. Unfortunately for Angy, it wasn't the hit she had hoped for with her coach having to save her from elimination. It wasn't deserving though, the public should have voted for this very talented lady even if her performance wasn't as amazing as it should have. That said, Angy did surprisingly well, nailing both the vocals and the pronunciation and looking fantastic on stage. Maybe a better song would've helped. - VIDEO






Tatiana Didion

 photo TatianaDidion_zpsb38ad193.png
"This World" (Selah Sue) - Team Quentin - 8/10 Through to the Top 16 - She very much chocked on her "Girl on Fire" cover the last time she performed so having her sing this wonderfully quirky song was a well welcomed change. I believe she nailed it, it wasn't as good as Selah's but her stronger vocals added something really entertaining to the song. Her sexy delivery didn't harm either. It's a shame Quentin had to save her again, she deserved the public's vote this time. - VIDEO






Grazia Zambataro

 photo GraziaZambataro_zps046aca61.png
"Parle-moi" (Isabelle Boulay) - Team Quentin - 8,5/10 Through to the Top 16 - Good song but not enough for this type of competition. Grazia is a fantastic singer, so all her performances are enjoyable. Her tone is a winner and even if I think this wasn't the best song she could have sang, her intense and enthusiastic delivery wins me over every time. I just love her, there, I said it.  - VIDEO








Through to the Top 16

 Safe by Public's Vote: 

Manou Maerten
Samuel Bosmans
Loredana Castiglia
Robin Guérit

 Saved by their Coach: 

Tatiana Didion
Angy Sciacqua
Grazia Zambataro

Eliminated

Kate O'Sullivan
Elia Fragione

Share this :