Photobucket

The awesome Sandra Wikström left us last week after a bunch of inconsistent performances. We are down to four and during tonight's Quarterfinal the remaining contestants will be taking on two songs each, one picked by the judges and one original song. Who'll leave us this week?

Recap after the JUMP ...
Round 1

Jens Hult

 photo JensHult.png

"Killing me" (Tony Nilsson, Jens Hult) - 6/10 - A song in the vein of The Tallest Man on Earth would've worked for Jens, something slightly folky at least. Unfortunately, that's not what he got. The song starts kinda promising, his gravelly tone doing wonders with the slow melody, and then it turned into a cheesy pop tune. I hated the chorus, the way he sang it made me wonder if something was wrong with his tongue. And that final pose, I just can't.



Kevin Walker

 photo KevinWalker.png

"Dreaming" (Peter Boström, Thomas G:son, Kevin Walker) - 1/10 - Unlike Jens, Kevin got exactly the song he deserved. A generic boring pop song, with nothing distinctive about it. I guess you could say Kevin's lack of commitment and enthusiasm can be considered as the stand out cause honestly, I've never seen someone perform their own song like this. 



Erik Rapp

 photo ErikRapp.png

"Wild" (Oscar Holter, Erik Rapp) - 7,5/10 - Finally a cool song! It may not be the dark tune I was hoping for but this is actually a great one for Erik. It's not your typical winner's single but an actual commercial record, was this released I could see it climbing the charts. The bridge was fantastic, definitely my favourite thing about this performance.


Elin Bergman

 photo ElinBergman.png

"The Fire" (Jakke Erixson, Elin Bergman) - 7,5/10 - Even if there's no rapping here, this definitely gave the Elin we love some room to shine. Her swag was back with this performance. Fun, energetic and kinda sexy, even the Latin sound was working. Her breathing could use some development cause I think she was out of breath a few times but besides that, a great track.



Ranking
  1. Erik Rapp
  2. Elin Bergman
  3. Jens Hult
  4. Kevin Walker
Round 2

Jens Hult

 photo JensHult.png

"Flicka med guld" (Thåström) - 8/10 - See? This is what he should've done with his original track. Dark folk song, harmonica, great vocals. This is the artist I see Jens being not that cheesy dude from earlier. The song may be a little too niche for the show but there's no denying he gave it his all.



Kevin Walker

 photo KevinWalker.png

"Free Falling" (Tom Petty) - I won't give him points for this performance cause even a 0 is too much. He wasn't singing, he was just speaking, no sense of melody. If I only had one wish, it'd be unhearing this.



Erik Rapp

 photo ErikRapp.png

"If You Go Away" (Jacques Brel) - 7,5/10 - Erik is back to his dark songs and while I couldn't be more glad, I'm not entirely sure this was the best choice for him. It sounded slightly cabaret and to be honest, it was kinda boring. His vocals were phenomenal though.



Elin Bergman

 photo ElinBergman.png

"Roar" (Katy Perry) - 4/10 - Who gave her this song? It's almost sabotage. Elin has a strong voice but apparently, not strong enough for this tune. She's not quite hitting the notes and her pitch is all over the place. Not her best performance, in fact, probably her worst.



Ranking
  1. Jens Hult
  2. Erik Rapp
  3. Elin Bergman
Results

Elimination:

Jens Hult

Ugh. I've been wanting Jens gone for a while but in the past few weeks he's really improved, to the point I've preferred his performances over the likes of Erik and Elin. The fact Kevin is still here is beyond me, what's more, I've an awful feeling he may end up winning this.
Share this :