Photobucket

The lovely Matilda Melin was sent home while the mediocre Kevin got to stay one more week. Tonight, the Top 5 will give their songs an acoustic arrangement in this unplugged theme. One more will get the axe by show's end. Who will it be?

Recap after the JUMP ...
 
Round 1

Text in italics are my comments on their auditions.

Kevin Walker

 photo KevinWalker.png

"Soldier" (Gavin DeGraw) - 3,5/10 - "I really enjoyed this Gavin DeGraw cover, I didn't feel he was a 100% committed but I'm looking forward to seeing him again. His tone is really gorgeous and if he's a little more energetic, he'll be perfect." It's interesting to see Kevin's had the same problem since he auditioned. He wasn't committed then and he's not now either. His audition was in fact the only performance I liked from him and it's a shame cause the guy showed potential back then. What he did tonight isn't half as good, which is a pity.




Erik Rapp

 photo ErikRapp.png

"Too Close" (Alex Clare) - 6,5/10 - "A decent audition, I guess. He's better suited for a boy band. Nice voice though." It's shocking to see how much I disliked Erik's first audition. The problem is indeed this song. It wasn't working for him back then and it's not working tonight either. He's sounding better on it tonight but that may be because I've grown to really like him. My other issue here is his styling. What the hell was that?


Elin Bergman

 photo ElinBergman.png

"Spoiled" (Joss Stone) - 7/10 - "Her rapping is cool, her singing even better. It's super quirky, which caught me by surprise. If she can successfully combine both, she could be something very special." Out of the Top 3, Elin's audition was my favourite but that may be because of her rapping. She didn't do that tonight unfortunately nor she's been able to combine her voice with it, as I hope she would back then. That said she sounded quite lovely here even if she lacked a little anger.



Ranking
  1. Elin Bergman
  2. Erik Rapp
  3. Kevin Walker

Round 2

Kevin Walker

 photo KevinWalker.png

"Home"(Daughtry) - 1/10 - I think Kevin is trying to say us something here. Maybe the audience should listen ...



Erik Rapp

 photo ErikRapp.png

"When I Was Your Man" (Bruno Mars) - 8/10 - This was just gorgeous. A heartfelt, emotional delivery, just what Erik needed after a few misses in the past few weeks. Although this was a step in the right direction, he's still not giving us the cool dark arrangement he gave us the first weeks and I miss that greatly.



Elin Bergman

 photo ElinBergman.png

"What You Waiting For?" (Gwen Stefani)  - 5/10 - Eh? This was unfortunately pretty bad. I mean, not Kevin bad but not Erik great either. Her voice sounded good and her energetic delivery was awesome to watch but the song wasn't such a great pick for her. If she's to survive the week, she needs to step it up big time if she wants to win.



Ranking
  1. Erik Rapp
  2. Elin Bergman
  3. Kevin Walker
Results

Elimination:

Erik Rapp

WTF?! You've got to be kidding me Sweden! I would've been ok with Elin leaving, but Erik? The guy had everything, the voice, the look, the style, the charisma. And yet, you keep voting for the bland cute guy who can't sing. Elin is our only hope now I guess.
Share this :