Photobucket

Bootcamp wasn't as great as it could've been but it still gave us some performances worth remembering, specially Lucy's. In this stage, the Top 24 will perform in front of their judge, who will cut them down to 15 before deciding which 3 acts they'll take to the liveshows. Who'll make it? ... It's time to face the music!

Recap after the jump ...


Day 1

Groups

Blachman formed two new groups. Jasmin og Anthony and Lina og Patrick, and knowing Blachman, this will be awesome.

ManBand - Nice harmonies but so old fashioned. I'm not sure Blachman can work his magic with them. They are just too boring, that wasn't exciting at all.
Jasmin og Anthony - Jasmin screwed up both her past performances. That said, she could work in a group. The duo sounds ok but the song choice is terrible. That didn't do them any favours. Anthony is the stronger singer, and it shows
Anne Sophie og Ida - What we see from them is very shrill, I guess we can already predict where they are heading.
Lea og Liv - I wouldn't say that was bad singing, just an awful song choice. A very weird performance.
Sascha, Ida og Catrine - One of them held a note forever while the other two joined her. It wasn't as impressive as they probably expected it to be.
Novopleco - Horrible. I seriously can't believe they made it this far. If Blachman puts them through, he'll lose all the respect I've for him.
Ása og Carsten - Poor Blachman doesn't seem to catch a break. This sounds pretty bad yet he champoins them. After witnessing so many awfulness, I would too. That was decent at best.
Lina og Patrick - Groups are so weak this year. Hopefully this two will be what Blachman needs. This is definitely the best he has. Up until the rapping it was pretty good and even after it, the performance wasn't a disaster. I see something he could work with here.

Predictions: Lina og Patrick, Ása og Carsten, Jasmin og Anthony, Man Band and Sascha, Ida og Catrine

Under 23s

What happened to Lina's hair? She looks atrocious. Her advisers don't look any better. Hair department needs to be fired.

Fie - She's picked "Story of My Life" and while her tone is just beautiful, I'm not exactly sure how well she'll fare in the competition. She looked terrified while performing and at one point it felt as if she had frozen.
Nicolai - His style is quite dated. There's a good voice there but I don't see him advancing, specially since we've not seen him since now.
Hadiel - Her voice is big but it sounds forced. She's improved since her audition but is it enough? I doubt it. Lina seems impressed though.
David - He makes a weird sound while singing, which sounds like a goat.
Pedram - Not as bad as David but not good either. Had he auditioned with that performance, he would've gotten an instant no.
Dannie - His voice kinda breaks and he sings out of pitch. His face says it all.
Henriette - So many pauses between lines. She's either struggling to remember them or the tempo is super slow. I like her vibrato. Poor thing's voice cracks badly so she stops singing all together. Despite that, not so bad.
Mathias - He's got raw talent. His "Another Love" cover has some problems but overall, he's got a nice voice and a sweet tone. He needs a lot of mentoring though and I'm not sure they've enough time for that.

Predictions: Fie, Mathias, Henriette, Hadiel and Dannie

Over 23s

Pernille - I really like her tone but what surprised me tonight is how captivating her performance was. She drew me in with her interpretation, I just couldn't take my eyes off of her. Hopefully Remee felt the same way.
Peter - He sings in Danish and that's probably the one thing that distinguishes him. His singing was pretty bad, specially that falsetto he tried to accomplish.
Jamile - When she gets into the room, nobody notices her, so instead of greeting her coach, she just stands there, waving. Her performance is nice but way too short to make a lasting impression.
Emil - He sings in falsetto and it's atrocious. I was expecting the windows to break around him.
Chaimae - This has been one of the best performances of the night. Her "I Can't Make You Love Me" cover was perfection. Such a beautiful tone. She needs to show some variety though.
Steffen - He reminds me a lot to Chresten. He's got such an unique voice. I can definitely see myself buying his album and that's a good thing. His folky sound will be perfect for this show.
Tommy - Great tone, very sweet. He sounds rather similar to Steffen and that leads me to believe only one of them will make it.
Lucy - She's the last to perform, again. They are saving the best for last, I guess. Her sound is precious but could it be too niche for this show? I hope not cause she's a real artist. Remee's advisor asks if she knows a pop song, like "Titanium". Of course she doesn't.

Predictions: Lucy, Steffen, Pernille, Tommy and Chaimae

Results

Eliminated:

Under 23s

Pedram, David and Nicolai

Groups

Novopleco, Lea og Liv and Sascha, Ida og Catrine 

Over 23s

Peter, Emil and Jamile
 
Day 2

Groups

Ása og Carsten - This sounds better than what they did last week. Ása has a great voice, Carsten, not so much. They are kinda Disney, way too romantic for me. But this is Blachman and he can do magic. I bet he's able to turn them into something awesomely dark.
Jasmin og Anthony -When I look at them, I see Nicoline Simone & Jean Michel, probably the best group to grace the XF DK but then they start singing and they are nothing like them. This is an improvement over their previous performance but they basically sang in unison here.
Anne Sophie og Ida - They survived the first day, to my surprise. Their "True Colors" cover ain't bad but one of them is the better singer, the taller one, and she barley sang. They should divid their lines more equally.
Lina og Patrick - Did Lina even sang? I could only hear Patrick and in truth, he was better than I remembered. Good solo performance but not a duo.
ManBand - Amazing singers with super tight harmonies, they even leave Blachman a little teary, but so dreary. I don't think I'd be able to keep myself from sleeping through one of their performances.

Predictions: ManBand. Jasmin og Anthony and Ása og Carsten 

Under 23s

Henriette - This is so weird. It's as if she's a completely different person. She's got paint in her hands and she spreads it all over her face while performing. Her singing was ok but I'm not sure it was good enough.
Dannie - A great song choice, Tom Odell's "Another Love". What Dannie needs is a confidence boost. His singing is good and I love his tone but he needs to infuse some more personality into his performances.
Hadiel - She's the weakest act Lina has. She may have a strong voice but she's not a strong singer. She's too inexperienced.
Fie - Her song choices are pretty awful. I don't know what kind of mentor Lina will be but I'm not confident in her skills either. What's interesting about Fie is that she's fully immersed into her performances and that's captivating.

Mathias - He's sick, which could mean he's on his way home. Will he be able to fight through it? He's singing the same song Dannie sang and while I prefer Dannie's tone, Mathias did a better job with the performance. He's got more confidence and that shows.

Predictions: Fie, Mathias and Henriette

Over 23s

Chaimae - Remee was pretty hard on her after her previous performance so she has a lot to prove. Her performance is a little low key but it was the perfect choice to showcase her sweet, tender tone. My issue is, will she be able to captivate the audience for weeks to come?
Lucy - She's no idea who Justin Bieber or One Direction are. That's what I like about her, you can always count on her to perform an undiscovered tune. This are some gorgeous vocals. Her choice, "City Boy" is unexpected and perfectly arranged for her voice. I really hope she makes it.
Steffen - Great cover, I adore this guy's tone. His performance sounded a bit like his previous one but that aside, this guy is greatly interesting.
Pernille - Jazzy, sultry performance. Pernille is one of my favourite acts this year and I'd love to see her in the liveshows. She's got such a lovely tone and she's shown she can be versatile, unlike Chaimae.
Tommy - I liked this performance a lot more than I expected to. Tommy is a more conventional singer. His voice isn't greatly original but he still has a distinctive style. That said, if I'd to choose between him and Steffen, it'd be the latter.

Predictions: Lucy, Steffen and Pernille

Results

Eliminated:

Groups

Anne Sophie og Ida and Ása og Carsten

Over 23s

Tommy and Chaimae

Under 23s

Dannie and Hadiel
Top 9


Under 23s:

Mathias Chrøis, Henriette Haubjerg and Fie Winther

Over 23s:

Pernille Nordtorp, Steffen Gilmartin and Lucy Mardou

Groups:

Lickety-Split (Lina og Patrick), Anthony Jasmin and ManBand

Overall, I agreed with most of the choices. I'm specially excited about the Over 23s. That seems to be the strongest category. Hopefully, we won't lose one of them on the first night. Out of all this act, I wouldn't have picked ManBand but I won't deny they can sing. 

Some predictions now! First act out? I'd say ManBand. Winner? Lucy Mardou.
Share this :